Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion
Options

RPM Issue

I know this will be a specific gripe that not many will be able to relate to, but I have a major issue with the new RPM web interface.

I use a company-provided laptop with a 1366x768 resolution. Yes. I get it. It sucks, but this is what it is right now. I did a few projects in 2015 that used the MCP-108 so I needed to use RPM to configure them, and except for my inability initially to click accept on the "End User License Agreement", I had little issue with my resolution affecting the RPM web interface.

Today I started a new project with an MCP-108 so I went to the RPM interface. Again, I had to click accept on the EULA, and again the web interface coupled with my resolution prevented me from doing so. I connected to an external monitor in the office and was able to accept, but when I tried to set up the new project on my laptop display alone, I was not able to see the buttons which moved me forward through the process, so I was unable to proceed with the configuration . Why the change? Is this fixable? Or do I need to tell me company I can no longer field correct any RPM system issues because my laptop will simply not work with the new RPM Web interface?

Yes I did call technical support, but for the first time in a long time I was really displeased because of their either lack of ability to understand the problem or simple lack of caring about this issue.

If AMX is going to sell/push a "Quick Fix" solution for end-users, and then handcuff companies to supporting it via their online "configuration tool", I think it would behoove AMX to have the site accessible to as many computers as possible.

Have fun

Comments

• Options
    Andrew,
    Thank you for describing the issue you encountered with the RPM website. The RPM product management team is aware of the issue and anticipates a fix in their upcoming software release.
  • Options
    The 1.4.65 firmware allows the MCP-106 and MCP-108 to load native netlinx/duet code, same as a NX controller, so you can write your own programs without using RPM. We've got it running in about 12 rooms here without any issues so far. All new MCP's we deploy will have native code and we're planning on removing all RPM generated code in time.
  • Options
    feddxfeddx Posts: 175
    The 1.4.65 firmware allows the MCP-106 and MCP-108 to load native netlinx/duet code, same as a NX controller, so you can write your own programs without using RPM. We've got it running in about 12 rooms here without any issues so far. All new MCP's we deploy will have native code and we're planning on removing all RPM generated code in time.

Holy CRAP man!! I wish I would have known this!! It would have saved me some time and effort!! Thanks for the heads up.