Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion

Comments

• Options
    ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    This is what I got when I typed in Cr3st0n. (yes - I know it "auto-corrected" the entry, but it's still good.)
  • Options
    over in the music industry, we saw the same kind of thing. Music instrument sales started showing up online. The oddity (which I see even in the Office Max site) is the prices were at or well below what the bricks-n-mortar stores could get at wholesale from their distributors. I worked for a short while at a large music store - helping them install a computer system for point-of-sale, telling the Roland rep that it would be far cheaper for the store to order all its Roland Keyboards from Sweetwater.com. They were 5% cheaper than he was - AND - they didn't charge for shipping.

As a VIP who cannot sell AMX product to end-users, I find this fascinating.
  • Options
    Oh, it gets even better... Office Max's inventory was pretty limited. but, lookee at what Full Compass can sell you.
    http://www.fullcompass.com/brand/AMX.html?brand_id=AMX&categoryOrder=Bestselling&ipp=100&view=Grid
  • Options
    viningvining Posts: 4,368
    ericmedley wrote: »
    Oh, it gets even better... Office Max's inventory was pretty limited. but, lookee at what Full Compass can sell you.
    http://www.fullcompass.com/brand/AMX...=100&view=Grid

I wonder how much sales they will get with this alliance? With luck this may benefit you VIPs unless this is anticipated to be RPM and indepents will be shut out. Still seems like AMX's direction is continually unfavorable to us and I think somewhat to themselves. Seems the roller coaster ride may not just be running out of track but ends at a brick wall at the bottom of a steep decline.
  • Options
    I'm confused. Who does the programming? Are these being sold to end users? Does this mean end users will have access to Netlink and TP Design? And will end users compare quotations to what prices they can find online?

Maybe I can get a new career charging support to noobs trying to install AMX ;)

Sort of like a PC support geek.

By the way, I had thought that the C crowd were doing something similar.. starting to sell through large chain stores.
  • Options
    I checked the prices in the FullCompass link; way more expensive than we're getting the stuff on our E&I contract, for now. But, those products being available like that blows a pretty big hole in the whole reseller certification concept. Interesting, indeed.
  • Options
    I see four products, a touch panel that is discontinued, and touch panel wall docking station (for a different touch panel) that is also discontinued and two mounting brackets.

Am I missing something?
  • Options
    viningvining Posts: 4,368
    TonyAngelo wrote: »
    I see four products, a touch panel that is discontinued, and touch panel wall docking station (for a different touch panel) that is also discontinued and two mounting brackets.

Am I missing something?

Check out Eric's posted link for full compass @ namm they show a lot of products.