Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion
Options

Pakedge bought by C4

Pakedge was acquired by Control4:

http://www.control4.com/press_releases/2016/02/04/control4-acquires-pakedge-device--software-a-leader-in-advanced-home-networking?utm_content=e6ed0d7062488e3c6a36590b80955ac9&utm_campaign=Control4%20Acquires%20Pakedge&utm_source=Robly.com&utm_medium=email

I like Pakedge products but I don't know if I can stand using products from a C4 subsidiary now. Maybe I should look at C4 as a company making the right moves for the resi market and their resi dealers and join up.

Comments

• Options
    DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    I only scanned the press release, as it doesn't affect me much - we're both C4 and Pakedge dealers already. But, as I recall, they said you can maintain your dealer obligations with Pakedge sales only, so if you are a Pakedge dealer now, you become a C4 dealer but don't have to touch any actual C4 products if you don't want to. That said, it's not a bad controller for fast and simple ... heck, it's not horrible for complex systems either, as long as you don't step too far out of the box.
  • Options
    viningvining Posts: 4,368
    Yeah, I've been debating about trying C4, even requested the dealer app to see what their dealer requirements are. Seems they're overloaded with dealer requests and now have a $75k/year minimum requirement which I think is a bit high considering even C4 is a hard sell these days when most resi jobs can do fine with just a Sonos or Heos system and RA2 for lighting/HVAC. Looks like they moving big into the commercial sector too which will probably take a bite out of AMX's sales in that sector too. I wish I was old enough to retire. (:
  • Options
    chillchill Posts: 186
    vining wrote: »
    ... I wish I was old enough to retire. (:

As long we're wishing, I wish I were *wealthy* enough to retire, while still "young."