Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Hardware AutoPatch Forum

How to control a DGX3200

Ok this is my first post , and also first time working with the DGX line. So far i like it.

I am trying to find a way to control the switcher from my master? Can anyone point me in the right direction? I assume BCS via rs-232 is not the only way? Can i do it IP?

Comments

• There is a number of options for IP control of the DGX from another master:

You can use a BCS tunnel over IP but that has in my experience been troublesome (while working with the pre-DGX100 platform) as the device can only handle one connection at a time (for example having a terminal session active can stop the BCS tunnel from accepting your connection for switcher control.

What has been more reliable is having a lightweight program on the DGX that opens a server connection listening to connections from your master that then pipes the BCS commands to the local switcher device.

And don't forget that as you have a NX master on board, you can still use M2M to access the switcher device over ICSP.
  • You can locate syntax here: http://www.amx.com//assets/manuals/EnovaDGX100Series.HardwareReferenceManual.pdf - NOTE: DGX switching protocol has changed for the x100 series of the DGX platform in an attempt to align the protocols used by other AMX digital switching devices.
  • chillchill Posts: 186
    pdabrowski wrote: »
    ... And don't forget that as you have a NX master on board, you can still use M2M to access the switcher device over ICSP.

That's what I usually do. Set the DGX's internal controller to be system 2. Then, from your outboard controller, send_command 5002:2:2,'CL0blahblah' til the cows come home. Works like a champ.
  • Thanks guys..... all working well now. Way over thinking it