Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Hardware Inspired Signage - Digital Signage

Mass Updating of Xpress Players (update multiple signs at the same time)

I have over 16 IS-SPX-1300 deployed in 4 different locations, I am looking to find a way to update each location which consists of multiple players. How do i mass update each location with out having to build a new sign for each individual player. Will Composer work with the Xpress players (IS-SPX-1300). We are looking to deploy many more but not sure if i have to switch over the the Xpert series.

Comments

• Adam,
    The Composer software does not work with the XPress line of Digital Signage Players. Have you created a folder and grouped the players into folders? You should be able to drop your file into that folder and update the players within that folder group.
  • Chris,
    Thank you so much for the reply - we tried to group them in folders and then drag and drop the index file to the corresponding folders. It looked as it copied over but the files would be empty. Is there a process that you have to copy files over or set up folders in a different way? is there a chance that the firewall or IT setting would stop this process? Thank you so much for your help!!!! Have a great weekend my friend.
  • Good morning Chris, Is there a certain process regarding grouping signs in folders and then dropping files in to the folders to update the players. Thank you so much
  • Drop your project folder (not the index file) on to the devices' folder.
  • Yan thank you so much i will give that a shot today. So you are saying to drop the *build file* into the folder and not the index correct?
  • No, you want to drop the entire project folder onto the device group folder. You can see the folder to one player transfer here at 9:50 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IeIbmHO8XME&index=2&list=PL6D1EF6C7787A024F

Instead of dropping on the single player, just drop it on your folder group.