Home AMX User Forum AMX Design Tools

Show/Hide Effect X Position not working in TP5?

I'm trying to have a popup page slide in from the right, but from 60 pixels in from the absolute screen right. I'm using a 1901, so my panel is 1920 pixels wide, which in TP4 would've meant that setting my show/hide X position on the popup to 1860 would've given me a nice slide in and out. In TP5 it seems like it's ignoring that number, no matter what I put. I've tried 1860, 1800, 1700, 1200, 0, and they all seem to give me the exact same effect: Slide from full screen right.

Is anyone else seeing this? Does this feature just not work in TP5? Or is there something else I'm likely doing wrong?

Comments

• MLaletasMLaletas Posts: 226
    Which command exactly are you trying to send?
  • gsmithgsmith Posts: 59
    I did a quick check and everything seems fine. I was using TPD5 1.3.0 build 80 and panel firmware 1.4.8.
  • JeffJeff Posts: 374
    I'm using this command

> send_command button.input.device,"'^PPN-MenuPopup'"

I have a MXT-1901 running firmware 1.4.8, TPDesign5 1.3.0 build 80. There's literally nothing to this project yet as I'm just spitballing a new UI. I've attached the workspace. On my touchpanel the hamburger button can be seen starting and ending off the right side of the screen, instead of coming from behind the vertical bar, which is where you'd think it would come from with the start/end position set at 1860.
  • MLaletasMLaletas Posts: 226
    Which vertical bar? The gray one on the right at 1306? I dont have a G5 panel in front of me but the way I see it working currently is that the MenuPopup will appear from the the right edge slide to the left to 1306 near that gray vertical bar, and then vice-versa when it closes. Is that what it is doing and is that what you want?
    The gray one at 1860. If you look at the gray bar starting at 1360 you can see that it's identical to the left 60 pixels of the MenuPopup popup page. I'm trying to make it look like that bar is sliding out and becoming the full menu popup. I've done something similar in the past, but not exact. What is actually happening is you can see the popup coming from all the way off the right side of the screen.
    Here's what's going on. The left position of the popup is set to 1306. The width of the popup is 614. Added together of course these two are 1920 which is the right edge of the display. The G5 panel is ignoring your specified edge of 1860 because that would result in 60 pixels on the right side of your popup being clipped off once it arrived at it's final resting place. So to achieve the effect I think you are looking for, you should decrease the width of your popup to 554.
    Or perhaps what you really want is a collapsible popup. Please review this:
    http://www.amx.com/newsroom/videos.asp?Category=Development Tools&videoId=TPDesign5Part3#vidframe
    Perfect! Thanks so much. I went back and looked at what I was doing the last time and it was different enough that the X position worked there, but didn't work here. Collapsible popups were exactly what I wanted.