Home AMX User Forum NetLinx Studio

Help crahses NSX4

G'day all,

Is anyone else having the issue that when they try to use help in NSX4 it crashes?
It crashes for me >90% of the time.
Very frustrating!!

Mush

Comments

• DarksideDarkside Posts: 345
    Nope, no issue here W7Pro..... what flavor of Windows are you burdened with?
  • Hi Mush,

Yes, I have the same problem (using Windows 10 but I saw this problem with Windows 8.1 as well). Here is my workaround which I know I saw a similar answer in another topic thread,

1. Using File Explorer, go to "C:\Program Files (x86)\AMX Control Disc\NetLinx Studio 4"
    2. Right- Click on "NetLinx-Keywords.chm" and Left-Click "Send to" and "Desktop (creates shortcut)".
    3. Repeat Step 2 for "NSX.chm"
    4. Repeat Step 2 for "Standard_NetLinx_API.chm"
    5. Close File Explorer.
    6. Whenever I Open NSX4, I open those three help files from the desktop shortcuts and I no longer have the help related crashes.

Tim
  • ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    Not to pile on unnecessarily ..
    But, that is one of the major issues I saw when attempting to update to Win 10. I also so NS4 crash in compile quite a bit.
  • PhreaKPhreaK Posts: 966
    Yep. All the time.

I've made a habit of just referring the NetLinx Language Reference Guide [pdf] as this appears to be kept up to date as some of the new builtin methods have been coming available.
  • GregGGregG Posts: 251
    On the help in Win 10, for me it was fine for F1 on highlighted word in code, but other stuff crashed it.

However, checking it today, I can't get it to crash for any reason. Even using the search function from inside help seems OK, and that used to be a 100% crash for me.

Maybe a recent update (possibly in windows itself) fixed it?