Home AMX User Forum NetLinx Studio

Ramping Volume During Audio Source Change

Just wondering what my options are for ramping down and up the gain on BSS after an audio source select switch has been activated?

Comments

• ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    Your options are whatever you put in your code. What exactly are you asking?
  • RoystonRoyston Posts: 5
    I'm asking if anyone has ever done a code which ramps down the volume before switching sources then ramps up again after. And how it can be done. Or whether anyone knows if BSS source selector has a feature I can turn on to ramp down and up volume everytime the source changes. From what I have checked it does not do that. Unless I overlooked something.
  • I'm almost certain a BSS does not have that feature; it's a pretty simple DSP. Are you getting audio artifacts on switches? You could probably at least do a quick "mute - switch - unmute" routine to minimize audio glitches on switching.
  • RoystonRoyston Posts: 5
    I am trying to make the switching less abrupt, so the muting then unmuting is not really an option. And I think u are right, I can't see an option in BSS to do that. I will try checking the BSS forums and see what I can find and update here.
  • a_riot42a_riot42 Posts: 1,624
    I don't get what the problem is. If someone hits a source selection button, then ramp down the volume, do whatever switching you need to do, then ramp it back to where it was. If you can ramp volume already, then it should be fairly trivial. You might have to use discrete volume levels and time them to make it seem like ramping, but that's about it. If it were me I think I would just lower the volume rather than ramp, but either way works.
    Paul
  • ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    Another thing too... If your audio gain structure is properly set up you should not notice a change in volume. I'd suggest looking at the output gains of the sources as well as the input gains on the BSS