Home AMX User Forum NetLinx Modules & Duet Modules
Options

XDD module

Dear All,
due to a very poor information about the new XDD modules, I'd like to ask you the below as first questions :
  1. Where does the "NetLinx Constant" refer to ? Can we use them somehow instead of the channels ? If so, in which way can we do that ?
  2. What does exactly mean that the ' * ' denotes channels provided by duet 2 base and not protocol provided in this Device Driver ? In the example below, channel 9 does send a cycle power command or not ?

Thanks,
George

Comments

• Options
    NZRobNZRob Posts: 70
    They are SNAPI channels and you can if you include snapi.axi in your code. If you are unsure about SNAPI then have a look in the section 'Standard Netlinx API Help' Section under 'Help' in Netlinx Studio.
  • Options
    thanks for the reply. Just a clarification please. Does the channel 255 ( discrete function ) provide feedback for the device power state as well except for sending on/off commands ?

channel_event[vdvDevice,255]
    {
    on : state = on
    off : state = off
    }
  • Options
    ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    thanks for the reply. Just a clarification please. Does the channel 255 ( discrete function ) provide feedback for the device power state as well except for sending on/off commands ?

channel_event[vdvDevice,255]
    {
    on : state = on
    off : state = off
    }
    Here are the virtual device FB chans for most all of the pertinent things concerning power/status fb.

DEVICE_COMMUNICATING = 251 // Feedback: Device online event
    DATA_INITIALIZED = 252 // Feedback: Data initialized event
    POWER_ON = 255 // Discrete: Set power
    POWER_FB = 255 // Feedback: Power feedback

I also might add that channel 253 is often used to say the module is ready to interact with the mainline program. In theory, you can be Data Initialized but not yet ready to talk to mainline.
  • Options
    I have the below reference from a projector module, Can I use channel 255 for power state feedback ?

• Options
    ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    I have the below reference from a projector module, Can I use channel 255 for power state feedback ?

Yes, and you should. I don't mean to be unkind, but the fact your are asking these kinds of questions when writing a DUET module is a bit concerning. You might be well served by contacting AMX support and asking for some help with the AMX side of things. There are many Duet modules that flat don't work well and a lot of what goes wrong seems to stem from a lack of understanding of how the AMX side of things work. We also all know the documentation for duet is pretty shallow.

I say again, I do not mean to be unkind, nor am I implying your are stupid or something - quite the opposite. You are obviously a smart person. I would just recommend getting some insight on the other end of the API. And I am very happy to hear you're trying to write a great module. Thanks!
    E