Home AMX User Forum NetLinx Studio

XTP?use of remote RS-232 port ?

Hi

I'd like to know if someone has already used the serial port available on the remote XTP box that goes with XTP matrix from Extron ? It looks like you can send/receive strings of these remote ports just by connecting on a specific IP port on the matrix !

Does it work ? someone tested ?

Thanks

Vinc

Comments

• Haven't done the XTP, but the DTP version works like a charm, I'm sure the XTP does too. An NX-3200 phoenix, to phoenix on Extron, right there next to each other in the rack, then another phoenix to whatever the device termination is on the receiver side. Sure makes control cabling simple and easy.
  • samdeg17samdeg17 Posts: 9
    Hi vincen, yes it does work and works well.

It works as you've described in your post and you can find the ports you need by connecting to the XTP switcher using the configuration software (or even the web interface possibly). The ports are editable as well which is nice.
  • vincenvincen Posts: 526
    samdeg17 wrote: »
    Hi vincen, yes it does work and works well.

It works as you've described in your post and you can find the ports you need by connecting to the XTP switcher using the configuration software (or even the web interface possibly). The ports are editable as well which is nice.
    Thanks a lot for confirmation, very appreciated ;)
  • Hey guys, Is there any settings to be done on Extron side. I am using DTP RX and captive screw on the DTP switcher side.I have made sure captive screw is enabled and baud rate is set. Is there anything more to be added.