Home AMX User Forum AMX Technical Discussion

AMZ Enzo - Couple of things

Has anyone worked with the Enzo Device. If so, a few things to ask.

How does one install any apps on it. It says for example - Skype can be used. But how can i install it?

Also when in browser. To get back to the main screen i have to press "Esc" a few times to get back to the Main Menu screen. But in doing this it jumps me back through the browsers past pages till i reach the end. Is there a quick way back to the main menu.

Steve

Comments

• GregGGregG Posts: 251
    We did some programming for it last week at AMX hq.

It's basically like an Android device, so on android the "home" button skips around all the "backs" and goes right to the main screen. On enzo they made the actual home key do this :-).

I think they are still working out the beta stuff on skype/camera integration so I think this is a "coming soon" update.

The web application install section is found by hitting F12, select the line for "Applications" give the usual "1988" password. You could probably get some kind of web chat thing going with that.
  • Web conferencing capability was announced at InfoComm, but is not currently shipping at this time. This capability will come via a future firmware update.
  • Any updates as far as Skype integration with Enzo? Have a project that requires Skype for video conferencing with Germany. Trying to spec the Enzo but can't find any info for Skype integration. Also, does anyone know if a PTZ cam can be integrated for Skype use? Thanks.
  • Product Management has elected to remove the skype/jabber/lync conferencing options from the current enzo hardware platform. The original intent was to support those apps in conjunction with the sereno camera, but the performance was not at a level they were happy with. This doesn't mean we will never see a conferencing option, but it will not be added to the current generation enzo product.
  • Thanks for your prompt reply. That helps out. Is anyone integrating with Skype? Looking at Polycom now...
  • javery1javery1 Posts: 21
    AMX_Chris wrote: »
    Product Management has elected to remove the skype/jabber/lync conferencing options from the current enzo hardware platform.
    This explains so much. I've been trying to work through the Designer practical, and it was obvious that the scope was pushing towards that sort of setup, but with zero documentation, I couldn't figure out how it was supposed to work.