Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion

Sony EVI-D30

I have a customer who has one of these cameras in his location. He wants to have it be able to pan/tilt to any of 16 different microphone locations in the room.

I've looked at the camera's manuals but I only see 6 presets. Even in the AMX module, there are only 6 presets. But I could have sworn I've heard of people getting more preset locations off of these cameras.

Anyone know how this is done?

Comments

• VLCNCRZRVLCNCRZR Posts: 216
    More than 6 presets can be achieved by storing the preset position values in the control code. The camera itself stores only 6.

We have used the Vaddio products that also allow more presets. I believe the Vaddio device gives 25 presets.
  • Have you used the AMX module before?

I see that you can send a query requesting the absolute positioning of the Pan or Tilt for a particular camera.

The documentation does not explain how to send out an absolute position to the camera though. My guess would be to send it something like: "PAN=1.1029" to send camera 1 to absolute pan position "1029". However, this is not confirmed in the documentation.

If that will work though, then it seems pretty easy to store any given number of presets and just send out the various stored Pan / Tilt absolute values.
  • wgreenwgreen Posts: 15
    We have been using the EVI series cameras in our rooms for several years. We have rooms running up to 25 mic positions but the number could go higher. We use the I/O ports to sense a closure of our microphone switches and through the code program the positions into a variable array. I am willing to send you the code from one of our rooms if you are interested in looking at it.
  • wgreenwgreen Posts: 15
    We have been using the EVI series cameras in our rooms for several years. We have rooms running up to 25 mic positions but the number could go higher. We use the I/O ports to sense a closure of our microphone switches and through the code program the positions into a variable array. I am willing to send you the code from one of our rooms if you are interested in looking at it.
  • Re: Sony EVI-D30
    Originally posted by Ghrae
    I have a customer who has one of these cameras in his location. He wants to have it be able to pan/tilt to any of 16 different microphone locations in the room.

I've looked at the camera's manuals but I only see 6 presets. Even in the AMX module, there are only 6 presets. But I could have sworn I've heard of people getting more preset locations off of these cameras.

Anyone know how this is done?

If you use the camera system calls instead of the module, you can reach up to 30 presets. The attached document specifically details how to get to 30 presets withan EVI-D30.

I've used these calls several times in numerous jobs with excellent results.

I hope this helps.
  • Thanks again for all of those who've replied. I just now have to wait for him to pull the trigger ;)