Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion

Metreau Communicator Snapshop

Does anyone know the URL for a snapshot off the webcam, or the FTP username and password? AMX doesn't know....
Paul

Comments

• Joe HebertJoe Hebert Posts: 2,159
    I had the same question in 2010. Check out this thread for the answer:

http://www.amxforums.com/forum/technical-forum/amx-hardware/7473-met-ecom-live-snapshot

• a_riot42a_riot42 Posts: 1,624
    Thanks. I was going to capture the stream and parse the images, but figured there must be a snapshot URL. Often the images are kept in the home directory of the FTP server, but I can't guess the creds to take a look. Thanks for the link. It appears that is the only way to grab them.
    Paul
    I tried this out but am getting a gray area at the bottom of the image, the bottom quarter. Are you sure you are grabbing the entire jpeg? It appears corrupted for some reason. I wonder if its my unit.
    Paul
    Did you try out the project that I attached in the previously linked thread? I just loaded it here again and it works as expected. I'm getting the entire image best I can tell.

Met-Ecom firmware is v1.01.22 and the code is running in an NI-700 v3.50.430.

Joe Hebert wrote: »
    Did you try out the project that I attached in the previously linked thread? I just loaded it here again and it works as expected. I'm getting the entire image best I can tell.

Met-Ecom firmware is v1.01.22 and the code is running in an NI-700 v3.50.430.

Yes I used the same code, but am getting the truncated image. I am using 1.01.20 so I can upgrade the FW and see if that makes a difference. Any chance the delimiter could be getting in the image file?
    Paul
    If you right click on the JPG snapshot created by the code and select Properties, what does the Details tab report? I get:

Dimensions 320x240
    Width 320 pixels
    Height 240 pixels
    Horizontal resolution 96 dpi
    Vertical resolution 96 dpi
    Bit depth 24

The spec for the Met-Ecom is QVGA 320 x 240 so I'm getting the entire frame and the file looks normal to me.
    Joe Hebert wrote: »
    If you right click on the JPG snapshot created by the code and select Properties, what does the Details tab report? I get:

Dimensions 320x240
    Width 320 pixels
    Height 240 pixels
    Horizontal resolution 96 dpi
    Vertical resolution 96 dpi
    Bit depth 24

The spec for the Met-Ecom is QVGA 320 x 240 so I'm getting the entire frame and the file looks normal to me.

I get the same specs. I've uploaded the latest FW but haven't been able to test it yet. Here is the image I was getting with the bottom 1/4 not visible. In windows viewer its a gray area with dots. Once uploaded to Photobucket it is just cropped as seen here.

METECOM_SNAPSHOT1.jpg
    I right clicked and saved your snapshot and opened it in windows viewer and I see what you mean. Looks more like the image is corrupted (uniformly) and not truncated (since you are getting the correct size) but I do see what you are talking about. Your image definitely isn't what it should be but my snapshots looks fine here and best I can tell code is working correctly.

Attached is a fresh snapshot. Everything that appears on the web interface shows up in the snapshot. All corners filled in properly.

How is your lighting? How about network? Just guessing at this point.