Home AMX User Forum NetLinx Modules & Duet Modules

RAKO RAV232 + AMX device duet module + jar file

Hi there.

I'm returning to some amx coding after having a long time away from it. Yesterday I grabbed some old kit to get reacquainted with my old friend.

So, RAV232 plugged in to rs232 port 1 on my NI 3100 (running latest firmware) and subsequently grabbed the "Rako_RAV232_v1_0_0_dr1_0_0.zip" and "Rako_RAV232_Comm_dr1_0_0.jar". back in netlinx studio, a quick check and the default port seems to be correct (5001:1:0) (not at home at the moment so can't check) and i'm using an emulated touch panel until a budget Android tablet arrives in the post... anyway, compile + quick upload and a reboot ...

In panelbuilder, I connect to the NI3100 and run the preview panel - which as supplied from amx should allow me to query the rav232 firmware + some basic lighting adjustments. It appears as though the rako module is offline.

It has been a while since I have done any coding, so any help with getting this default module up and running would be *very* much appreciated! I still have my paperwork from Programmer 1, which i'll be digging out of the loft over the weekend.

Kind regards

Comments

• ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    For starters, you may have to do some good ole Troubleshooting 101 and verify the cabling works and all that. To test you may have to comment out the module declaration and manually send/receive strings to verify you have a good rs232 connection. Then take note of what the rs232 port settings are (baud rate, etc...). Then reinstate the module declaration and make sure the port is indeed set up correctly. One of my pet peeves with many of the Duet Modules is they hard-coded the rs232 port settings and have no method of changing them. In a thoroughly frustrating manner, the equipment manufacturers keep changing their stuff. they don't seem to understand that we don't want them to do that.
  • thanks for your swift reply!

After some double-checking device details + other details were all in good order, I also took the liberty of updating the RAKO device firmware. Some time later, I can now control the RAKO box.

Next, I'll try and bring this sample code into my own project and retain control.

One question if I may. Here's a portion of code that I'm unsure about:
    (************************************************* **********)
    (* CONSTANT DEFINITIONS GO BELOW *)
    (************************************************* **********)
    DEFINE_CONSTANT

// User must fill in these values
    VOLATILE CHAR dLightAddress[16][8] =
    {
    '10', //Example light addresses
    '11', //Change the addresses to match your system.
    '12', //the 0 element adjust all channels in a room.
    '13',
    '14',
    '15',
    '16',
    '17',
    '18',
    '19',
    '110',
    '111',
    '112',
    '113',
    '114',
    '115'
    }

VOLATILE CHAR sLightAddress[4][8] =
    {
    '1:S1', //Example scene addresses
    '1:S2', //Change the addresses to match your system.
    '1:S3',
    '1:S4'
    }

It's pretty clear that "user must fill in these values" ... but I am unsure as to what I need to put where. Many thanks in advance.