Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion

Gate Entry Systems

Anyone know of an outdoor keypad designed for entry gate control that has a camera (or window for a camera) and is compatible with Panasonic phone systems?

We are having big problems with Holovision and I can't find anything else so far.

Thanks,
Jeff

Comments

• Re: Gate Entry

Do a search for 007Systems or the like, they have some cool gate/intercom faceplates/mounting systems.

Brad
  • DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    Spire_Jeff wrote:
    Anyone know of an outdoor keypad designed for entry gate control that has a camera (or window for a camera) and is compatible with Panasonic phone systems?

We are having big problems with Holovision and I can't find anything else so far.

Thanks,
    Jeff
    I have used the Door King product many times in exactly that setup. Put it in "intercom" mode and connect it to a CO position on the Panasonic, and you are in business. They've changed the lineup since I last used one, but the closest seems to be the http://www.doorking.com/pages/dks-tel-1812.php . I don't see the camera option on the web page, but they used to be available with one ... it was a really lousy camera though. IMO, you are better off running a seperate camera any way.
  • Spire_JeffSpire_Jeff Posts: 1,917
    Brad,

Thanks! That's exactly what I need.

Jeff

P.S.
    007 Systems website: http://www.007systems.tv/index.html
  • Spire_JeffSpire_Jeff Posts: 1,917
    Dave,

Thanks for the info. Not exactly what I need for this job, but good info to keep around for the future.

Jeff
  • a_riot42a_riot42 Posts: 1,624
    Spire_Jeff wrote: »

Thanks,
    Jeff

What problems were you running into? I think we have a 706 on order, which I believe is a MET ECOM in a box. I assume that it works similarly to a MET ECOM, but has the added keypad to open a relay.
    Paul
  • viningvining Posts: 4,368
    a_riot42 wrote: »

What problems were you running into? I think we have a 706 on order, which I believe is a MET ECOM in a box. I assume that it works similarly to a MET ECOM, but has the added keypad to open a relay.
    Paul
    Spire_Jeff is long gone, from what I was told AMX didn't want to work with them on the commercial side (politics?, favoritism?) so they dropped AMX resi and went with Savant and C4 instead.
  • ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    vining wrote: »
    Spire_Jeff is long gone, from what I was told AMX didn't want to work with them on the commercial side (politics?, favoritism?) so they dropped AMX resi and went with Savant and C4 instead.

I still am in contact with Jeff. In fact, I just spoke with him last night. We're good friends. If you need - I can pass on whatever to him. He is now a VIP with AMX. I did tell him about the forum redux. He might come back now that he's full-time AMX again.
  • MLaletasMLaletas Posts: 226
    Thats awesome
    ericmedley wrote: »

I still am in contact with Jeff. In fact, I just spoke with him last night. We're good friends. If you need - I can pass on whatever to him. He is now a VIP with AMX. I did tell him about the forum redux. He might come back now that he's full-time AMX again.
    nice to here he's doing AMX again, is that with Spire or solo? FYI I was just letting Paul know that that was a post from Jeff form 06' and that based on what I knew he was no longer around.
  • ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    vining wrote: »
    nice to here he's doing AMX again, is that with Spire or solo? FYI I was just letting Paul know that that was a post from Jeff form 06' and that based on what I knew he was no longer around.

Vining, your information is very timely in that Jeff's decision to get back in the game is a very recent one. The very short version of the story is that him and I worked for Spire (me as a part-time help to increase bandwidth. I worked remotely) Him as a long-time guy who helped get the dealership started. He left them shortly after the end of my time there. He did a foray into more under-the-hood programming for a company designing a lower-end automation system. He left there after a short time. he had been conversing with me about my becoming and independent programmer and how I was liking that. I told him I liked it very much. he then started toying with the idea of going indie himself and finally pulled the switch this year.

I wasn't trying to steal your thunder or anything I was just letting those of us old timers know that Jeff was back at the table. Us old timers have to stick together. :)
    ericmedley wrote: »

Vining, your information is very timely in that Jeff's decision to get back in the game is a very recent one. The very short version of the story is that him and I worked for Spire (me as a part-time help to increase bandwidth. I worked remotely) Him as a long-time guy who helped get the dealership started. He left them shortly after the end of my time there. He did a foray into more under-the-hood programming for a company designing a lower-end automation system. He left there after a short time. he had been conversing with me about my becoming and independent programmer and how I was liking that. I told him I liked it very much. he then started toying with the idea of going indie himself and finally pulled the switch this year.

I wasn't trying to steal your thunder or anything I was just letting those of us old timers know that Jeff was back at the table. Us old timers have to stick together. :)

That's cool, I hope he does well.