Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion

MX Series Bubble

Hi All,

Has anyone else noticed the series one MX panels beginning to "bubble"?

I have 4 where the glass over the LCD has started peeling away and leaving a small to large bubble in between the layers.

Cameron

Comments

• John NagyJohn Nagy Posts: 1,734
    Yes, I have a new in the box (but past warranty) 19" panorama wall panel that is leaking goo from behind the glass. There's a sizable bubble in the corner, and a mess on the back. Still works fine, but impossible to sell except as parts. A great investment. I thought I was the only one... now I worry about all of them.... yikes.
    How it looks:
  • Cameron and John, I'm sorry to hear about the issue you've seen on your touch panels. This is an issue we've seen in a past batch of Modero X 19/20" panels, however the issue should now be resolved for all newly manufactured units. I encourage you to contact your AMX/Harman Technical Support to talk through the resolutions options we can offer for the units you have on hand. Again, my apologies for the inconvenience. Thank you, Michael Saadeh, Product Manager, User Interfaces , AMX by Harman
    As you suggesting that there are "resolution options" beyond the RMA pay-repair schedule for this?
  • +1 to that, I've been told it's a pay to be repaired too - if it is a known batch issue does that mean it will be covered by AMX?

That is the exact issue we are experiencing John.

Cameron
  • I am not aware of any charge for repair of this particular issue. Please contact out Technical Support team so we can get you taken care of
  • Thank-you Michael :)
  • badaczbadacz Posts: 2
    Hi we are starting to see these bubbles and goo too, on our 19" pano. Are these fixable is there a way to do this? We thought about replacing them but they seem to be no stock to replace at this time.
  • This bubbles and goo is the lamination between the display and the glass. This can't be fixed in the field, but could be repaired by Harman by display replacement

• badaczbadacz Posts: 2

Thank you for your response. How do i initiate this?

• HARMAN_ChrisHARMAN_Chris Posts: 597

Start here to initiate a repair request:
    https://www.amx.com/en-US/support/rma

• LexiLexi Posts: 1

We have the same problem with some of our MXT-700s and MXT1000s.
    Is there a charge for this repair?

• @Lexi - there are too many variables here to be able to tell if there is a repair fee. You are encouraged to initiate the request and then inquire about the fee or call in and speak to the RMA team to learn more. Repair falls outside of my area of expertise and each case seems to be unique.