Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Website/Forums

Forum Issues - Another problem arising?

The forum has been running great. but, for the past couple weeks I've noticed that it seems to be hanging again when I post a reply in a thread. The "Submit" hangs for about 20-30 seconds. It does eventually show up. Also, another behavior I notice is that if you X out of the page during the hang and then come back into the thread, the post is there just fine. It seems that the database has submitted the record just fine and it happens quickly. It's the part that sends the client browser to the refreshed thread page with the new post. Timing Issue?

Comments

• ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    And just now as I hit Post for this new topic thread, it timed out after 60 seconds. X-ing out and coming back in and it runs fine and the topic is here.
  • ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    And to the second replay - I had to X out and come back in. This time I had the "Previously Entered Content was saved. Do you want to restore or delete. I'm starting to sound like the Knights Who Say Ni - (He said "it' again! Now I said 'it')
  • Agreed on the hang-on-post. I have to say, though, I'll take this any day over how slow the browsing was on the forum when it migrated to the new format...
  • MLaletasMLaletas Posts: 226
    I've noticed the same. I know the forum has been a little more active, surely it couldn't be that right?