Home AMX User Forum NetLinx Studio
Options

AMX EXB-IRS4

Good morning,

I have an EXB-IRS4 bound to my system. I've tried using it at start address 31021:1:1 and 5101:1:1. When I send the IRL files to this device it seems to only accept them on 5101:1:1 and not the other ports. I am not able to control any of the IR devices. What am I missing?

Thanks,

Comments

• Options
    ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    So, the first address you mention is a dynamically assigned device ID. Did you change the device's ID to 5101? If you did, does the device show up in your device tree as 5101?
  • Options
    Yes. I changed the device to 5101. I have IR devices assigned to 5101:1:1:, 5101:2:1, 5101,:3,1. The same IRL file is being used for all three. I have sent the files to the EXB but it always fails and skips 5101:3:1. None of the IR devices work on the EXB. I have the same IRL being used for the 8 IR outputs on the NX3200 without an issue. Do I need to assign the EXB somewhere in the code at all or is it assigned by referencing the DPS address? The EXB is bound to the master.
  • Options
    Are you able to manually pulse IR channels on the card via NetLinx Studio to rule out code? If the EXB is bound, addressed, and showing in your online tree - D:P:S reference should be correct. The file transfer failure is of interest, but odd that the first two ports are not working either.
  • Options
    ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    jkranz286 wrote: »
    Yes. I changed the device to 5101. I have IR devices assigned to 5101:1:1:, 5101:2:1, 5101,:3,1. The same IRL file is being used for all three. I have sent the files to the EXB but it always fails and skips 5101:3:1. None of the IR devices work on the EXB. I have the same IRL being used for the 8 IR outputs on the NX3200 without an issue. Do I need to assign the EXB somewhere in the code at all or is it assigned by referencing the DPS address? The EXB is bound to the master.

Oh, I think I know what's going on as I have ran into this myself. The deal is this - when you send the files you must not send them to all the ports at once. What's happening is the first port gets the file. Then the device hangs a bit while it reboots or reinits or whatever it does. so, it's not available to receive the next file when your computer tries to do so. Try sending each port individually. Send port one. Test it for pulses and so forth. Then send port 2. wash rinse repeat.
  • Options
    viningvining Posts: 4,368
    As has been said make sure the device shows up in that system's online tree, I prefer to telnet into the device to config them, set dev, set master IP, coms type, IP, etc. Pulse an IR channel an see if the IR output blinks, there are error blinks to so if it blinks funny there may be no file in that slot. No blink then figure out why, addressing, probably. I think the older NI's wouldn't blink at all if an IR port/chnl slot was empty but these new devs will but you need to be aware of the blink patterns or they'll mess with your head.