Home AMX User Forum AMX Technical Discussion
Options

Program port on NI-3100

I bought a NI-3100 on ebay and first thing I did was connect a serial cable from computer COM1 to Program port on NI-3100, using NULL modem. Then it connected and I set IP address and also went to telnet and issued command reset factory, to set back to factory defaults. Then rebooted. I then was unable to connect via serial. Is there a setting somewhere allowing a serial connection?

Comments

• Options
    ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    what was the baud rate of the initial connect? It resets back to 34200 by default. also, can you see it via web browser on the network?
  • Options
    JOHNBONZJOHNBONZ Posts: 99
    The Baud rate is 38400, also I can access Master from the browser in which I can set the System Security Details(which if set and u use Telnet makes u enter user/pass if enabled). I want to know if I have to set anything for RS232 access to allow the Program Port to be used. . The dip switch is set for baud 38400 , which is pins 1-5 down and 6,7,8 are up. So from the web control screen which I can access the Master, do I need to set something in tab WebControl, Security or System to get the Program port to work again?
    \
  • Options
    John NagyJohn Nagy Posts: 1,734
    Only setting for the program port access is SECURITY - the tab in the web interface to turn on security. I always uncheck the TERMINAL (232) port, the programming port, from security, as I trust someone close enough to plug in to the back... and prevent a permanent lockout if the password is lost.
  • Options
    a_riot42a_riot42 Posts: 1,624
    I had my programming port fail on my old NI-3100. Usually if the baud rate is wrong, you'll still see some gibberish. I never use it so I never bothered looking into why it failed, but its probably not hard to fix. Bad cap or something...
    Paul