Home AMX User Forum AMX Control Products

MCP Keypads

Finally got to use the MCP-108, worked pretty well. Its not like the competitions keypads where you have to dumb down your framework/code to make it work because its an inferior processor. The only complaint I have is the faceplate, it doesnt seem to fit perfectly on there. The volume knob seems to touch it when it rotates in certain areas because its too tight, and if you press on the plastic on the bottom left it will count that as a press on button 8.

Comments

• My biggest complaint about it is that you have to crank the knob forever to go from lowest to highest and back. I wish they would let you change the increment to make it more responsive.
  • Couldn't you overcome with push creating release killing ramp timeline that does kp lvl = lvl +-*/ incremental value
  • MLaletasMLaletas Posts: 226
    Couldn't you overcome with push creating release killing ramp timeline that does kp lvl = lvl +-*/ incremental value
    You could do something like that. For some products I've used a hold, and done different +, -, * like you said. For instance do a regular increment/decrement up to a hold for .2sec, .2 - .5sec *1.5, >.5sec *2. Or at least something of that nature
  • Couldn't you overcome with push creating release killing ramp timeline that does kp lvl = lvl +-*/ incremental value

I've played with this a bit but not extensively yet. Level 1 is for the LEDs and Level 2 is the values from the knob. I've used this approach when I work with the 6-button panels that have no knob, and it would work well if the knob was a spring-loaded type that would issue a push when you turn it and a release when you let go and I could do the timeline ramping. The knob does do a push and release with each click, so as you turn the knob left or right you get a series of push/release events. With this behavior, it would be probably be better to put the add/subtract logic in the button event release code. Just a few lines of code so no big deal. I guess the people who rely on RPM to generate the system would be screwed.

I was just pointing out that since it was already doing the +/- process internally and reporting via the level that it would be nice to be able to declare the increment value.
  • Ah yes, I fully understand and agree. Just wrapping a school deployment using MCP/MKP-108s controlling QSys mixers and button event handlers is how I handled increments completely ignoring the knob level. Guess I could have used it to monitor rate of change between hold repeats to see how fast the knobs being turned and adjusting the increments accordingly but it's deployed now so upgrade for when I go back in.
  • fogled@mizzoufogled@mizzou Posts: 549
    We had the volume knob/faceplate "fit" issue with some of our first units as well; we sent them back and got replacements. Haven't run into that problem in awhile tho.