Home AMX User Forum AMX Design Tools

NetLinx Studio bug?

Has anyone else run accross parts of your code "disappearing"? What has stopped my heart more than once is when I scroll back looking for an EVENT or some other chunk of code I was working on and it has vanished. It always takes me a second to realize that something got screwed up with the expand and collapse feature because right where the code used to be I see the lines numbers jump the right ammount of lines, but there is no PLUS/MINUS Marker for me to click and the DEFINE_EVENT line is hidden as well. It's an easy fix, all I have to do is hit the collapse all, then the expand all, then restart my heart and all is fixed. I just wonder if there is something I need to change to avoid this undue stress on my heart.

Jeff

Comments

• Happened to me too... i had a bunch of feedback lines in mainline and when i collapsed the define_program part and expanded it the lines were gone.
    If you hit ctrl-f and look for something that you know is in there it will suddenly be back..... strange!
  • DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    I'm so used to working with Studio pre-2.2 that I tend not to use the collapse feature much, so I haven't run across this. When I have, I have noticed that adding and deleting lines just before or after a collapsed branch is sometimes a little dodgy, and you wind up not doing the operation precisely where you wanted it; I learned to expand the items before and after before adding/deleting near a boundary.

I only really find collapsing useful when looking for events. If they would simply add a Goto Event that works like the Goto Sub feature, I would never collapse items at all (I really hate digging up a particular event in a long list).
  • Spire_JeffSpire_Jeff Posts: 1,917
    Well, so far the safest way I have found to fix the problem is to hit the collapse all button, the hit the expand all button..... it seemed to do the trick last time and it eliminates the need for deleting. Altho, I will agree that the deleting a line works because this was the method I employed the first time I encountered the bug.

Jeff
  • It happened to me too! I lost ALL my variables in a pretty big program. After I recovered from my heart attack I closed Studio and re opened it and everything was fine. I absolutely love the collapse feature. I wish the collapse status could be saved when I close and reopen a program.