Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion

Cisco Sx10

Hi,
Has anybody got an IR file for the Cisco SX10 Codec, with the issues with win 10 and IRedit and no access to an old windows XP or windows 7 machine i am a bit stuffed, the reason for IR is this is on a 8 button panel rather than an NI platform, any help greatly appreciated.

Comments

• MLaletasMLaletas Posts: 226
    No but why not communicate to it through IP?
  • alanhalanh Posts: 30
    No IP port on the controller so only means of control is IR or RS232 via USB as it is an old AMX button panel, only need the cursor movement keys and enter but cannot get IREdit to run on a windows 10 machine, yeah i could try it on a virtual machine etc but just thought that someone may have the IR file handy.
  • ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    alanh wrote: »
    No IP port on the controller so only means of control is IR or RS232 via USB as it is an old AMX button panel, only need the cursor movement keys and enter but cannot get IREdit to run on a windows 10 machine, yeah i could try it on a virtual machine etc but just thought that someone may have the IR file handy.

If you are saying you don't have the NIC on the AMX controller plugged into anything, I'd still strongly suggest going ahead and making your own ad hoc network with an edge switch, hard coding the IP address of both the controller and the Cisco VTC. That way you can control it via IP. I will say the AMX module for it works pretty well if you're trying to avoid programming. But, also it's not to bad to program as well. The thing is there's a lot that would be useful for the user if you controlled via IP and it would be a whole lot more reliable. AND making your own little network would keep you off the internal/external network if security is an issue.

Just sayin...
  • TonyAngeloTonyAngelo Posts: 315
    The SX10 has a single ethernet port, I'm assuming that's being used to do the video codec stuff. That means he can't create an ad hoc network to control it via IP. Unless I'm missing something.
  • SX10 has single ethernet port, it's got to have a valid public IP address to work at all. Also, the last two SX20's I set up, I never could get a properly logged in Telnet session for control, and after several failed contacts with Cisco support on the issue, finally just gave up entirely.

You've got to get an RS232->USB adapter to make RS232 work. I don't have an IR file either.

Cisco really doesn't want to integrate with AMX or any other control system, they want to *be* the control system with their CES version. Every call I've ever made to Cisco regarding AMX integration has ended in abject frustration as the Cisco engineers can't suggest anything but, "why don't you disconnect the control system, and just use the Cisco touchpanel for that?"
  • TonyAngeloTonyAngelo Posts: 315
    SX10 has single ethernet port, it's got to have a valid public IP address to work at all. Also, the last two SX20's I set up, I never could get a properly logged in Telnet session for control, and after several failed contacts with Cisco support on the issue, finally just gave up entirely.

You've got to get an RS232->USB adapter to make RS232 work. I don't have an IR file either.

Cisco really doesn't want to integrate with AMX or any other control system, they want to *be* the control system with their CES version. Every call I've ever made to Cisco regarding AMX integration has ended in abject frustration as the Cisco engineers can't suggest anything but, "why don't you disconnect the control system, and just use the Cisco touchpanel for that?"

I've never done an SX10 with AMX, but for the SX20s we now use 232 -> usb. We did a few SX20s early on with IP control and while we could get it to work, it would stop working after a period of time and require a reboot of the cisco to fix it.