Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Hardware

NMX Stream-number Feedback

Hi,
As far as I understand NMX Decoders (and Encoders) speek nativly Netlinx now and I can control them with commands like 'CI x'
but what's about feedback of those stream numbers?
Is there kind of a level where I can read the sream number from or do I have to poll it regulary with '?VIDIN_INPUT'

thanks in advance...

Comments

• ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    The Native Netlinx implementation is very thin. Pretty much the bare essentials. But bear in mind the old SVSi API and communication scheme is still in play and has all the more "tweaks" things like The stream ids and so forth. The major downside to using the old SVSI comm method is it is not asynchronous. You have to poll it for info with essential "Get <whatever you want to know>" requests. When you consider it is entirely possible to have dozens of decoders in an small system, that's a lot of IP communication traffic to handle.
  • frosch wrote: »
    Hi,
    As far as I understand NMX Decoders (and Encoders) speek nativly Netlinx now and I can control them with commands like 'CI x'
    but what's about feedback of those stream numbers?
    Is there kind of a level where I can read the sream number from or do I have to poll it regulary with '?VIDIN_INPUT'

thanks in advance...

Any stream change at the decoder will asynchronously report as VIDIN_INPUT-<stream#>. You will need to query at the device online event.

You can also set up N-act programming at the endpoint to send any asynchronous update to a server session running on the master.
  • froschfrosch Posts: 2
    icraigie wrote: »

Any stream change at the decoder will asynchronously report as VIDIN_INPUT-<stream#>. You will need to query at the device online event.

You can also set up N-act programming at the endpoint to send any asynchronous update to a server session running on the master.

Yes, you're right, there is a COMMAND-EVENT like "VIDIN_INPUT-45", but this event only happens if I set the stream via Netlinx Command.
    If I change streams via N-Series Controller or via N-Able - no Event occurs...
  • frosch wrote: »

Yes, you're right, there is a COMMAND-EVENT like "VIDIN_INPUT-45", but this event only happens if I set the stream via Netlinx Command.
    If I change streams via N-Series Controller or via N-Able - no Event occurs...

I've got a pair of decoders (N2000 1.13.6 firmware) sitting on my desk and I am seeing the VIDIN_INPUT- update in Notifications when I change the stream number at the device web page, from N-Able, and an N-Series controller. Also reports when I send the CI xxx command via NetLinx or the set: xxx <CR> command via tcp.
  • Same same after updating to the current release firmware on the web site 1.15.7 - VIDIN_INUT-<stream> reporting as before.

NetLinx master is an NX @ v1.5.78