Home AMX User Forum AMX Design Tools

4" Touchpanels

Has anyone had some expirence I am Installing them in an upcomming job, and have never dealt with them before. How well do they work? Whats a good Layout? ECT ... If anyone would be kind enough to post an example one for me to reffer to that would be great. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in Advance,

John Bindbeutel
Electronics Unlimited
1940 Oak Hills Dr.
Osage Beach, MO 65065
bindbeutel@comcast.net

Comments

• What type of job? Commerial or consumer? I have alot of the smaller panels (80+) installed here on campus.
  • Spire_JeffSpire_Jeff Posts: 1,917
    I have just finished a job using the 4" panels. They work well. The important thing to remember is the limited room on the panel and the differences in commands between g3 and g4 panels.

Jeff
  • Any will do

they are going to be residental panels, but I would gladly look at any/ all examples.
  • DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    I would recommend keeping them simple. I have a client who has a lot of Modeero CV-12's in his system, and the main page backdrop is a photo of a fountain in a pond in his front yard. It looks very nice on the Modero's. He also has a (relatively) few CP-4's in some of the bedrooms, and for consistency's sake, the same photo was resized and put on those panels...and it looks terrible. I would never do it again, no matter how strongly it was asked for, and I may talk this customer into letting me change these as well. Go for a high-contrast design, don't crowd the screens, and, if you can, stay away from digital photos :).
  • I agree with Dave to keep the smaller panels as basic in design as possible. All of my panels are icon based with only 1or 2 pages flips. Is that your direct e-mail address listed above? If so I can send you a sample of the TP design I use here on campus.
  • that is my direct email adress

That is my direct email above, I would really appreciate that if you could send one!

Thanks In advance,

John Bindbeutel

bindbeutel@comcast.net