Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion

ClkMgr: Invalid Time received from server.

I have one system that still has this issue after switching both the master gui to use 129.6.15.28 at the top of the list and my date and time code which uses the astro clock functions. I double check again yesterday but again this morning I checked the daily log this system emails me and it still doesn?t receive a valid time. Other systems do using the same nist server IP. I hace both the master gui and my code set to query every 4 hours which is what the log shows so I don?t think it?s not likely something else buried in my code that I forgot about.

Comments

• ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    This is a known issue. Probably what you're seeing is over the next several months all the NTSs around the planet are migrating to the new NTS format due to the ##^@#*& hackers. even though we were able to find some that work, they too will eventually go to the new format. I think there is a hot fix for the Netlinx masters so they'll play nice with the new NTS format.
  • viningvining Posts: 4,368
    ericmedley wrote: »
    This is a known issue. Probably what you're seeing is over the next several months all the NTSs around the planet are migrating to the new NTS format due to the ##^@#*& hackers. even though we were able to find some that work, they too will eventually go to the new format. I think there is a hot fix for the Netlinx masters so they'll play nice with the new NTS format.
    yeah I get this but I can't figure out why just this one master won't work when the others still do and have since I changed them all a few month ago and they're all using the same NIST IP. It should be all or none. FW are all the same too so I don't get it?

• ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    vining wrote: »
    yeah I get this but I can't figure out why just this one master won't work when the others still do and have since I changed them all a few month ago and they're all using the same NIST IP. It should be all or none. FW are all the same too so I don't get it?

I suppose you might look into whether or not the Netlinx master can even get to the IP you're trying to reach. Perhaps do a ping from telent on the master to see if it can reach the destination? That might be a good starting point. Maybe your router/firewall is misbehaving. I dunno - you're in one of those odd places it seems to me.
  • viningvining Posts: 4,368
    ericmedley wrote: »

I suppose you might look into whether or not the Netlinx master can even get to the IP you're trying to reach. Perhaps do a ping from telent on the master to see if it can reach the destination? That might be a good starting point. Maybe your router/firewall is misbehaving. I dunno - you're in one of those odd places it seems to me.

I didn't even think of trying to ping but yeah pinging that IP didn't work from that master. That was time-a-g.nist.gov and neither did B but C & D did. Same from my PC so I don't why they've been working on the other systems. Bizarre!