Home AMX User Forum AMX Control Products

Ir Edit and IRIS

So its been years since I've needed to readin an IR file for AMX, but here i am... so I had to pickup an IRIS unit off ebay and have all my software running and it appears the unit connects, but times-out when attempting to "go online". Any thoughts on if I got a bad unit, or maybe this is a software issue? (im running windows 10; it was fun getting ir edit to install, but appears to be running fine)

I can open a connection via putty and receive gibberish when hitting the "Send" button, but I cannot get ir edit to go online following it saying "connected".

The IRIS unit is a Panja branded unit - firmware v1.12. The unit appears to boot fine and sits "ready" and I can go change the baud, and read-in codes to the unit; I just cannot receive them into ir edit...

Thanks all, its been a looooooooonnnnnnngg time since posting (glad to see the forum has finally made its way back online)

Comments

• MLaletasMLaletas Posts: 226

I havent used an IRIS in over a decade. I have a Globalcache GC-IRL to capture any IR that I do need. I know that doesnt help, but if you can find one cheap you might want to consider an alternative capture device like the Globalcache or similiar.

• can you convert directly into amx file format?

I had the crestron ir file (that is working in other systems) and I converted it with the AvCoders app to the amx format, but that file does not appear to be working, so I just need to read in the remote to amx's format.

Thanks for the idea MLaletas

• MLaletasMLaletas Posts: 226

the software on globalcache's website (ilearn), lets you convert it to their format, conventional hex, and others. Whenever I need IR, i'll use that piece grab the hex code and throw it on the proper slot of the amx ir file. Which codes you looking for btw?

• @rrdbstudios said:
    can you convert directly into amx file format?

I had the crestron ir file (that is working in other systems) and I converted it with the AvCoders app to the amx format, but that file does not appear to be working, so I just need to read in the remote to amx's format.

Thanks for the idea MLaletas

Did anyone notice that the other company's name was allowed to exist on the forum? Wow!

• @MLaletas Cisco DTA250HD. Like I said I have the crestron ir file and converted it but it isnt working; amx support verified the file looked correct from their end, but my onsite support says it is a no go. They threw an rmc3 and the ir file to it and it worked fine from the Crestron end. My understanding is the polarity may be flipped on Crestron ir buds, so they've attempted flipping leads as well.

Any other ideas are always welcome