Home AMX User Forum AMX Technical Discussion
Options

Christie LHD720i-D module

Greetings all.

It has been quite a while since I have been in the forum. I'm not a high level programmer but know enough to get into trouble.

I've been scouring the AMX website looking for a module for the ChristieDigital LHD-720i-D projector and can't find anything useful. Any help pointing me in the right direction would be appreciated. Apparently a module exists - somewhere!

We have had the system programmed (by a much better programmer than me) but the client just asked for a feature to be added. If I can find the channels for "freeze" and "unfreeze" I can add those buttons to the TP and make our programmer's life easier. He is busy and sometimes hard to track down.

He's done a great job for us right now and if I can help by getting the "little bits", I'm sure he would appreciate it.

Help is welcome.

Comments

• Options
    KielLKielL Posts: 29

Hi PyroGuy,

This is the beautiful thing about SNAPI! If the other programmer used a standard AMX module for control, the channels you're looking for are:
    213 = PIC_FREEZE (cycle when activated) or
    214 = PIC_FREEZE_ON (discrete, freeze on when activated)

If you look in the Standard NetLinx API help file, these are listed under Devices > Video Projector. Now if he wrote his own module, you may have to work out with him how he implemented the freeze functions.

Hope this helps!

• Options

Modules can be found at www.amx.com -> support -> downloads -> search device modules

There is a Duet Module for the ChristieDigital LHD700 from 10/27/2015 .
    I'll guess that more than likely this will work for the 720i as well.

Module, example code and the module API guide are in the zip download.

• Options
    quirkquirk Posts: 28
    edited November 2018

Hey @PyroGuy !

If @KielL's tips don't work, give us a call in support and we can find out what module your programmer used. Since there isn't a "LHD-720i-D" module exactly they have either created their own module or used an existing module for another Christie model -- if I had to guess I would put my money on the LDH700 module located here.

• Options
    PyroGuyPyroGuy Posts: 121

Thanks all for the quick responses. I had almost forgotten speed at which this forum works!

I'll check out everything that has been suggested. The suggestions from KeilL might be just the thing.

Harman_icraigie's info about the existing LHD 700 will probably be useful as well.

I said, this project is not something we were prepared to tackle on our own, but the programmer is very good - and very busy. I just want to be respectful of his time!

Thanks again!