Home AMX User Forum AMX Networked AV (SVSI) Products

SVSI Decoder Partly Locked Up

Friends,

Just wondering if anyone has had the same issue as I have encountered with an SVSI decoder, N1233a.

It's receiving a stream and working from an AV point of view, however I can't control it in any way using Web, Netlinx or SVSI string. Also can't reboot it.

If I use a direct TCP connection to 50002 and send something like getstatus, it returns nothing.

RMS thinks its online as the Netlinx device is online and it replies to Commands:
Line 379 2018-10-15 (13:28:22):: Command To [7001:1:10302]-[?VIDIN_INPUT]
Line 380 2018-10-15 (13:28:22):: Command From [7001:1:10302]-[VIDIN_INPUT-30202]

It doesn't reply to any string command sent:
Line 381 2018-10-15 (13:28:25):: String To [7001:1:10302]-[getStatus]
Line 382 2018-10-15 (13:28:27):: String To [7001:1:10302]-[getNetStatus]

Need to hopefully fix this one remotely, but i can't reboot it. Any thoughts?

Comments

• Are you powering by POE or local power supply? If POE, can you cycle that port on the switch as a way to reboot the device?

• When connecting on 50002 (or 50001) are you sending a carriage return? Is the connection being rejected? Are you testing with an external software like Putty or Hercules Terminal?

• @AMX_Chris said:
    Are you powering by POE or local power supply? If POE, can you cycle that port on the switch as a way to reboot the device?

Yep, powering by POE. But don't have access to the clients switch :-(
    I just asked the client to pull the POE on the switch port, hopefully I have the right switch port on my device register. I haven't looked into the SVSI feature where it tells you what port it plugs into...

@awalton said:
    When connecting on 50002 (or 50001) are you sending a carriage return? Is the connection being rejected? Are you testing with an external software like Putty or Hercules Terminal?

Using putty, it opens a socket and holds it open but doesn't give me any replies. I tested the same things with a known working decoder and all sweet.

All good, first time its happened to me. Just wanted to see if anyone else had hit this issue before.

Thanks for the help, glad this place is up and running again!

• @Garthvader - If you can and still need help with, send me a screen shot of the hercules window (or putty) , and I can see if I can help more!

• Thanks awalton, appreciate it. Ill get some more info next time it happens. I wrote some code to log some things to a text file.

There isn't much to show with a putty screen grab, it connects and holds the socket but doesn't reply to any commands.

Defeated, I rang the client and asked them to reboot it for me. After the reboot, I connected via putty and it replied to the same command in putty and life was sweet again.

• Hi,
    I've just experienced something similar on 2 decoders (Firmware 1.1.15).
    They were disconnected from network while receiving a stream. After reconneting, they received stream again but could not be controlled. (tried web and n-able).
    Reboots did not solve the problem (even rebooted the network switch)
    After I temporarily disabled tx on the encoder (Firmware 1.1.14) I regained control of the decoders.
    Strange...

• Providing some more experiences on the issue.
    We experienced the issue a few more times. So I looked at the swich configuration again.
    Previosly the network was uplinked to a L3 switch which did the routing and IGMP querying. IGMP query intervall was on a high default value.
    We isolated the network to the local switch (enabled L3 routing there, set swtich as IGMP querier for the video LAN) and reduced the IGMP query interval to 5 seconds.
    Had no issues since...