Home AMX User Forum AMX Technical Discussion

IR Record with WinLirc

Has anyone used WinLirc to capture IR codes? I need one set of hex codes for an IR file for a Samsung display. It has a USB input (also called Media Play). I want a direct input code. Everything else is working.
I built an IR receiver and installed WinLirc. I can see the signal with IR Graph and I recorded hex codes with IR Record but they are only 4 sets of hex. What I get for the media input is 0000 0000 e0e0 31ce. That doesn't do anything for me in IR Edit. Is that a Pronto code? For number 1, I get 0000 0000 e0e0 20df; number 2, 0000 0000 e0e0 a05f.
I already checked remotecentral. That's where I got the other hex codes that work.
David

Comments

• HARMAN_ChrisHARMAN_Chris Posts: 597
    edited November 2018

At InfoComm 2018, Global Cache launched a new online IR database that may be of assistance to you: https://irdb.globalcache.com/

The appleTV file I used as a test contained several commands that I did not know were available and were quite useful.

A quick search showed two different USB Input commands are available to try.

• John NagyJohn Nagy Posts: 1,734
    edited November 2018

Hi Chris!
    Actually the Global Cache' "Control Tower" has been up for several years and has been a terrific asset to us and our dealers. The depth and accuracy of their collection is remarkable and much appreciated.

• TUTechTUTech Posts: 70

Thanks. Still waiting for an email with the code. The Wiselink/Media Play function is Samsung function 140. That is the one I tried. It works on one of the TVs at work but not at home. I'll see what happens with the other code.