Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion

Hidden buttons

Hi,
How to create a hidden buttons ??
or
How can i create a button in Programming and set a port and channel code for it?

Comments

• Look up in AMX-PI2 for the panel command syntax - there are a few options available to show and hide a button.
    Button does need an address port and code.

• ok .. Its there any commands for creating a button through program?

• What is the purpose of using Passthrough Buttons? It will useful for Creating 'n' number of buttons dynamically?

• Buttons can only be created in TP Design. Once present on a page and assigned an address port and code they can be fully manipulated short of moving between pages.

• ok Thanks . Shall i Use ^BMF Commands To hide or unhide my Button.. It Will Work?

• That's one option.

• any other method is there please guide me.. What are the steps for it

• viningvining Posts: 4,368

You can use the ^SHO command or make a multi state button where one state is fully transparent. If you make a button a 3 state multi state bar graph you can use send_level to switch between states.

SEND_COMMAND aTP,"'^SHO-22,0'"
    SEND_COMMAND aTP,"'^SHO-1,1'"

• @Karthik said:
    ok Thanks . Shall i Use ^BMF Commands To hide or unhide my Button.. It Will Work?

On G5 panels the ^BMF command is not fully functional. See : https://proforums.harman.com/amx/discussion/125062/bmf-button-command-on-g5-panel#latest

• I am using G4 Panel

• @Karthik said:
    Hi,
    How to create a hidden buttons ??

You could also create a button in TPDesign with no border and transparent fill color. It will work like any other button, you just can't see it. I use that to overlay on some graphics (like floorplans) to create touchtargets.

• JasonSJasonS Posts: 229
    > @Karthik said:
    > What is the purpose of using Passthrough Buttons? It will useful for Creating 'n' number of buttons dynamically?

Passthru buttons are useful when layering buttons to make a more advanced button. Setting the buttons on top to passthru will allow a touch to activate the base button without there being dead spots from the buttons on top if their channel is not set or set to a different channel.