Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion

Possible new AMX Programmer job at University of Missouri

I've finally found and taken another job that gets me out of the AV industry. I think everyone know's I've become disgruntled working where I'm at, and working in this industry. I honestly don't know for sure whether they are going to try to fill my position or not, but for the right person it might be a sweet gig: Stable, full time employment, University benefits, and typically a fairly flexible work environment.

I was doing almost everything on AV projects except the physical installation: consulting, design, project management, programming, commissioning, post-install training and support, etc. If there's anyone out there who has all the skills and might be interested in moving to Columbia Missouri for an opportunity like this, send me a message, and try to get you plugged in to the hiring process.

As for me... goodbye and good luck everyone!

Comments

• viningvining Posts: 4,368

Good luck with your future endeavors.

• HARMAN_RobHARMAN_Rob Posts: 230
    Best of luck! Thanks for supporting HARMAN and for all your contributions to the forum.
  • ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177

Godspeed to you sir!

• fogled@mizzoufogled@mizzou Posts: 549

UPDATE: Admins have gotten approval to advertise my position, but the job hasn't been posted yet. I will make another post with the job vacancy info once it's been posted online.

In the meantime, my department is looking to hire freelance programmer(s) to take care of a couple projects that are on deck. If you are interested in doing any freelance AMX programming work for us, send me a message, I will forward your info to the rest of the team here.

• fogled@mizzoufogled@mizzou Posts: 549

UPDATE: The job has been posted.

DIRECTIONS:
    1. Select the link to access our careers site.
    2. Sign In to access your account or if you are not an existing user select the New User link to create one.
    3. Review the job description and select the Apply button to begin your application.

https://erecruit.umsystem.edu/psp/tamext/COLUM/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&SiteId=6&FOCUS=Applicant&JobOpeningId=30258&PostingSeq=1

Columbia Missouri is an awesome little University city of about 120,000. We have an incredibly rich recreational park and trail system. The University of Missouri overall is a really wonderful, eclectic campus and community. Good benefits, OK pay for a reasonably low midwest cost of living. The right person could do really well in this job. Project management, system design and development, programming, commissioning... If you've got some of these skills and are looking for an opportunity, it's worth a look. RMS programming chops a real plus.