Home AMX User Forum MODPEDIA - The Public Repository of Modules for Everyone

IR Files

Hi all,

Would this be the right place to put some IR files that I'm working on (once complete, obvs)? Only issue is I can't work out how to attach files to a post.

Also, on capturing these remote codes, there are some buttons on the hand controllers that are not listed in SNAPI - do I just 'make them up' (i.e. assign them to an unused number)?

I've also found that some of the numbers I've used, by referencing SNAPI, have different values for similar buttons on other HC IR files created by AMX (well, listed in the IR database) - for example, the Open/Close button on my HC I used 120, but in the AMX IR file I looked at, the same button is 80 (this is for a Disc Device).

Cheers,

Gerald.

Comments

• ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177

SNAPI - follow the plan:
    That has always been the way it works with IR files. You follow SNAPI as best you can. In most other SNAPI things the channels above 255 were usually the "anything goes' range. But, obviously, you don't have those channels available. So, yeah, just put them where you need to. The user can always move them around in IR Edit if they need to.

• John NagyJohn Nagy Posts: 1,734
    edited May 2019

As with the Pirate Code, SNAPI's more a guideline than a law.

• Excellent - I've used SNAPI as far as I can, then just used arbitrary assignments.
    I've just uploaded them to my website, so I'll post the links in another thread in this group.

Looks like you are opening new topics for each IRL file you are making. This will not scale well. Also, in a year or two they will all be dead if you stop hosting at your current IP address... this way lies madness.

• I couldn't attach the files here. And a new topic per file, I thought, would make it easier when searching.

The forum isn't suitable as a file repository, and worse as a link repository to a privately hosted file repository. Unless the forum moderators have some better suggestions, I'd encourage you to use and to submit your additions to the already huge and free Global Cache Control Tower IR Database.
    https://irdb.globalcache.com/

• OK, will do.
    Thank you.