Home AMX User Forum AMX Design Tools
Options

Tp Design

Hi everyone
I'm busy designing a panel for my house using TP design(pre ver 3.0) and I am not having any luck with the icon-feedback function. I've followed the 'help' menu to a T but still can not get the icon feedback function to work. Does anyone remember how to do this?

Comments

• Options
    Hi, Thomas.
    First of all I would suggest you to go to TP 3.16 - wich is the most recent one (awailable on AMX website). Then, if I'm getting you correctly - you trying to assign different icons for on an off states? Create button, right click on it, select 'Icon' from pop-up menu. On the right of the window that openes you should see icons selected for each state - just click on the state and select icon from the list on the left. It should appear in the state box. Just keep in mind, that you should have all necessary icons imported into the program ('Panel' in the main menu, then choose "Icons' - in the window click on 'Import'). Good luck, D.
  • Options
    Thomas HayesThomas Hayes Posts: 1,164
    The panel I have at home is pre TP 3.0 and does not have the G3 firmware upgrade. I not sure if the TP 3.16 will work properly with this version of panel. That's why I'm stuck using the original TP design software which I have forgotten how to use it 100%.
  • Options
    OK. Correct me if I'm wrong, but you're trying to do so with TPDesign v 1.xx? The way to do it - create icon feedback button (Menu>Add other>Icon Feedback). In properties window you'll see two states - On and Off. If you click any of them you'll have a list to chose icon from for each state. To import icons (.gif files) go to menu>Panel>Import symbols and may the Force be with you. Good luck, D.
  • Options
    Thanks I was doing it that way but instead of clicking under the 'off icon or on icon' I was clicking on the word and it didn't work. I appreciate your time in helping out.
  • Options
    Is this panel not upgradable to G3? I would think that small investment would make life a lot easier, no?

It's gotta be REALLY old to not support an upgrade.

- Chip
  • Options
    Hi Chip- I believe that the panel is upgradable but haven't checked the costs as yet. What seems like a small cost in the USA turns into a large cost here in Canada, with the exchange, customs, dealer mark up, etc. The last price I had to update a G3 panel firmware from 3.x to 5.x was well over $150. Here I will not only need a firmware buy memory upgrade.