Home AMX User Forum NetLinx Studio

Possible Bug?

When I do a FIND in studio, the START AT TOP option doesn't always work properly. If the START AT TOP Box is checked when I open the FIND window, the regardless of if I uncheck the box or not, the search always starts at the top. I have to leave the option unchecked and then close and reopen the FIND window to get the search to start from my cursor. Anyone else able to verify this? Also seems to be true with Search and Replace.

Jeff

Comments

• DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    This has been my experience too, I always figured it was working as intended. The box seems to need to be checked before the search window is opened before it takes effect, and if you check it you have to close the search window before doing the search. Since I rarely use it unchecked, it never really bugged me.

I suspect this is not an AMX code issue, but part and parcel of the Windows Common Control Library DLL. This is also why it affects both Search and Replace - they are the same window in the DLL, with just a flag to display the replace option or not. It's been a while since I programmed in WIndows, I couldn't say for certain if the persistancy of the "start at beginning" flag is controlled by the DLL or the executing code.
  • Spire_JeffSpire_Jeff Posts: 1,917
    I was kinda thinking it might be a windows problem. It doesn't bother me too bad, it just happens that I am having some issues taming a malfunctioning touchpanel and my frustration has manifested itself as anger towards this bug.... or something like that ;)

Jeff
  • Everyone now - "Thanks Mr. Gates!" :)
  • Spire_JeffSpire_Jeff Posts: 1,917
    Originally posted by Chip Moody
    Everyone now - "Thanks Mr. Gates!" :)

This raises an interesting question.... Is it Mr. Gates fault, or the fault of the programmers that originally wrote the code that was ummmm shall we say 'acquired' ? (Maybe I've seen AntiTrust once too often?)

Jeff
  • "Pirates of silicon valley" if it's based on the truth is a good indicator of those who now control the worlds computer. If we only know half of the truth about the flaws/mistakes in the OS we would be very afraid.

"Trust is a deception"( Sorry, too many years working for places that don't exist on maps.)