Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Applications and Solutions
Options

Faster Button Channel Assisgments

I know you can set page and button properties through code. I might be missing something here. Is there any way to set the channel number of the buttons through code. This will be very useful. I do not have to spend a lot of time going into the button properties to change the channel number or variable text number.

I wish AMX would write addition to the TP4 app to bring up all the properties of the pages and buttons on one single page and we can go in to change the properties instantly instead of going through the pages to change the properties and possibly making mistakes which can be disastours.

Maybe AMX can allow the properties to be exported into and excell spreadsheet and import that again. I do not think that would that difficult to do.

I would appreciate any insight or help

Thank you

Comments

• Options
    shr00m-dewshr00m-dew Posts: 394
    Does POWER ASSIGN not accomplish what you're after? I don't see where code based updates would work, as you need to have a channel assigned first to know which one to talk to.

Kevin D.
  • Options
    kennyannkennyann Posts: 113
    I guess I can use Power Assign but there would be times I think I might want to change the channel number and such because my programming has changed. I understand you have to use the channel number to reference the button when sending the Send_Command. It would be helpful I can change the channel number property. I can assign all the properties through code which will make it easier when doing multiple types of Touch Panel. A graphic person can do all the touch panel design and can put the necessary properties through code without going in and doing the tedious work of going through all the pages and putting the correct channel numbers and port numbers. My goal is to make the touch panel design and implemenation as equickly as possible.
  • Options
    Spire_JeffSpire_Jeff Posts: 1,917
    Why not just use Constants for the channel declarations in your code. Then you can use the programmers report from TPDesign to set the values of the contants. Another thing could be to implement a standard that the graphics guys can follow. This standard used in conjunction with the constants should make you programming job easier.

I might be misunderstanding the problem you are encountering, but this is what I have found to help me work with our graphics guy.

Jeff