Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Website/Forums

Dealer Contact Info

I was just on the AMX website looking to see if my company had been added and now I can't find the dealer locator. Everything I find links to a page that lists AMX and Rep contact info, but nothing about dealers. What am I missing?

Thanks,
Jeff

Comments

• Authorized Dealer/Independent Programmer List

As of March 1st, AMX no longer lists U.S. Authorized Dealers or Independent Programmers on AMX.com due to administrative reasons. Customer inquiries will continue to be directed to dealers though AMX Rep/Direct offices.
  • That is most unfortunate. I actually thought AMX was starting to acknowledge the existence of Independant Programmers and the asset they can be.
  • GSLogicGSLogic Posts: 562
    I'd like to second the statement by "icraigie"
    This is very sad and I can't see any reasoning behind it?

AMX needs good independent programmers but it seems they can't see the need when it comes to helping these programmers get work. They need to take a better look at the situation!
  • shr00m-dewshr00m-dew Posts: 394
    Wan't this one of the benefits to ACE certification? To be listed as a uber-dealer on the website?

Kevin D.
  • Chip MoodyChip Moody Posts: 727
    Working for a dealer, I know that my AMX rep will send potential clients my way, but yeah - what about the independant programmers?! This really sounds like a dis-service.

And yes - it would be nice if the ACE certification my dealership worked so hard to get was rewarded with some mention on the site...

- Chip
  • Spire_JeffSpire_Jeff Posts: 1,917
    One of the main reasons I made the push to get my designer cert (Last one I needed for full ACE) was to get our company listed. Yet, this doesn't concern me or the company as much as it would an independant, because, like Chip, we get referals from our rep and this works well. Another reason it doesn't bother me is because the real reason I got the Designer cert was for more free t-shirts ;) From our company point of view, it works well because our rep does a great job of sending us somewhat prequalified leads or atleast letting us know ahead of time any issues that may arise with the lead.
  • Chip MoodyChip Moody Posts: 727
    Originally posted by Spire_Jeff
    ...the real reason I got the Designer cert was for more free t-shirts ;)

No kidding?! I've almost worn out my three polo shirts... Shouldn't we get new ones after passing the re-cert tests?!

- Chip
  • Let's just hope they don't shut down these forums for "administrative reasons".
  • Thomas HayesThomas Hayes Posts: 1,164
    Just when you thought things were look up. Will they start limiting access to the forums to AMX dealers only next? I have to say that these forums are one of AMX's best moves in years. Even though I work at a company(for now) that is an end-user I still do odd jobs on the side as an independent programmer/installer/designer.
    -mmmm new shirt

Hey, I just noticed that we no longer rank as members but are 'registered'.(not that it really meant much) Oh well, just one of many changes to come. :eek:
  • User Titles

Not to worry - we upgraded the AMX Forums yesterday, and there are still some small details to tweak before they are completely back to normal. Your previous user titles should work now. If you run into any troubles with the forums, please email me at suzanne.youngblood@amx.com.
    It is refreshing to see AMX monitors and keeps their clients up todate with the forums so quickly. Is it possible in the future to post any pre-web-forums changes to lower any sudden shock to the users? Hats off to the forums department for their dedication and response time! (Can I get a new shirt now?) :)

Quote:
    Originally posted by Spire_Jeff
    ...the real reason I got the Designer cert was for more free t-shirts
    :)
    Quote from Chip;
    No kidding?! I've almost worn out my three polo shirts... Shouldn't we get new ones after passing the re-cert tests?!
    :):)
    Just a question, what's with the 'reputation' listing. I don't want nasty rumours about being a nice guy started.
  • User Reputations

User Reputations allow forum users to "rate" each other based on their posts. The more "I approves" your posts get, the higher your reputation level (and vice versa with "I disapproves"). To add your feedback on someone's reputation, click on the scale icon on the top right corner of the user's post. You will be able to select "I approve" or "I disapprove" and leave additional comments if you wish.

Btw, you have to get a score of 350 or higher to be considered "really nice".
    350, Do you take personel cheques or prefer small un-marked bills, Suzanne?
    :cool:
    Could I interest you in some brightly coloured Canadain bills.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Administrator Posts: 0
    Bribes are good
  • Any and all forms of payment and/or profuse flattery are accepted.
    Thanks Suzanne, for the info and may I take the time to say that you are a very lovely person. ;)