Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Applications and Solutions

Calendar?

Are there any solutions that would accomplish the function of a calendar on a TP? Adding events, maintaining a schedule, etc. Perhaps I'm over looking something. Something very basic for the homeowner that doesn't need all the bells & whistles. Just something along a datebook.

Comments

• Check out iSchedule and its a free download.

Let us know if you find it useful.
  • jjamesjjames Posts: 2,908
    Hmmm . . . haven't been able to upload it to my panel because I can't seem to convert it to an MVP-8400. But by looking at it, it doesn't seem to be what I'm looking for. Basically here's what I have in mind: A calendar based program (that looks like a calendar) to add doctor appointments, basketball practice, piano lesson reminders in and such. What also would be cool is to have reminders. This going in their kitchen, and they've got a calendar on their fridge, and is filled with a gazillion things. The "events" dont' need to trigger anything at all, except maybe a reminder if they opt for it. I've started writing a module, but being new (and haven't even taken Programmer 2), I'm a little lost. I've got it to display the calendar correctly (any month, any year displays correctly - except leap years - haven't added that in yet.) But my idea was to have it almost be like an Outlook calendar, but a bit more simple.

When they hit a date, I was thinking that a list of 10-15 common events that they'd add regularly would be available, and then just select a time & duration for it. Perhaps I'm thinking too much about this, but if there's anything similar to what I want, that I could even modify, that'd be awesome. The i-Schedule didn't seem to be what I was looking for. But then again, not being able to even put it on a panel and play with it, I can't say for sure.
  • I use i!-Schedule in almost every job and have found it to be amazingly adaptable to any situation. It absolutely can provide all of the functionality described above - you could program the reminders to be emails, or dialog boxes on one or all of the touchpanels, etc. If you can find someone who still has a copy, i!-Agenda is the Calendar app of the Meeting Manager suite and that is all it is - a calendar that syncs up with Outlook, Exchange running on a server, pretty cool, too bad its now only available in Meeting Manager.
  • jjamesjjames Posts: 2,908
    Ok - it's just I can't convert the panels to an 800x600 resolution to put on either the 12 inch or the 8400, so I haven't been abel to play with it at all. I'll look into it more. Being still relatively new compared to everyone here on the boards, if anyone would like to give some quick tips, or tell me how to set it up for what I need in a quick paragraph (or however much you wanna get into it) that'd be awesome. Thanks for the help!