Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Applications and Solutions

meeting manager

Hi everyone.
Does anyone know or have they tried " meeting manager " monitoring with Crest*** controllers? I was told that C******* was able to monitor AMX controllers with "Roomview". The reason is that we have another department on campus that is now using C******* and they want us to maintain their stuff and I perfer to use our platform over theirs.

Comments

• Meeting Manager

First off, thanks for the tip on projector lockups in another forum!

We just purchased Meeting Manager, are you currently using it? If so, how is it working out?

We have a lot riding on successfully implementing it in regard to obtaining future funds to build our department. We're banking on being able to manage more classrooms (we currently have around 60) with the same number of personnel.
  • Thomas HayesThomas Hayes Posts: 1,164
    Hi ED
    We are still looking at the software, my new budget does not come out till May 1, and I'm in the yellow. I can give you a contact number from a University that is using it and has nothing but the highest praises for it.
  • Chip MoodyChip Moody Posts: 727
    I was told that C******* was able to monitor AMX controllers with "Roomview".

Roomview requires controllers to have a roomview "client" module as part of the program running in them. There is no such piece of software for AMX controllers - at least that I've heard of - and I work with both platforms pretty extensively.

- Chip
  • FrankieFrankie Posts: 71
    Chip I agree. I also work with both systems daily and do not know of any software for AMX that will work with roomview.
  • Of course the Cr**** system can monitor any AMX system: just have Meeting manager connect to one of Cr****'s processors, connect RS232 (or create an IP link) between the AMX and CR***** processors, and write the code to translate all required data.
    I would not necessarily call it an easy or convenient solution, but it can be done.
    AMX could monitor Cr*****'s systems using the same method.
  • Thomas HayesThomas Hayes Posts: 1,164
    Unoffically I was told AMX can do the same but is it worth the time to program and will it be as good as if it was one of their boxes? As with almost everything electronic a hack can be done. Has anyone even tried to do this and have it work?
  • I would be interested to hear updates anyone may have on this topic.

I currently have a proposal in the works for just such an application... an entire university has "standardized" on Cr***** , but they have a small number of AMX systems they would like to include in their room monitoring.

Since IP connectivity is native to both platforms, it would seem that writing an AMX module to communicate with a Cr***** master acting as a gateway would be pretty straightforward. I would be writing modules for both platforms, so I would have total control over the protocol they use between each other.