Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Website/Forums

Web Update

Hi everyone,
Has anyone else noticed that when they install the software 2 and duet runtime that web-update does not acknowledge they are installed.

Comments

• GSLogicGSLogic Posts: 562
    YES! It keeps trying to install again and again.
  • ipssheldonipssheldon Posts: 106
    Is web-update trying to re-install the application or just a new devices file? I forget what the exact file is, but it seems that after you get the Duet version, it will revise it's devices file for each new time AMX releases device info (the Java drivers). I gather this will be an on-going effort in the future. I've had to update my devices a couple of times, for Lutron H48 interface to get the right block of code. Now it seems to work fine. But the web-update is only updating these sorts of pieces not the entire application.

Sheldon Samuels
    IPS Resources LLC
  • DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    No, when it does this, it is immediately after you did an install that it tells you you still need to install it. Even though you just installed that exact version. The last it happened to me, it went away after a week or two, and I haven't seen the problem since.
  • Thomas HayesThomas Hayes Posts: 1,164
    Web update is telling me that the stuff I just installed isn't installed and must be installed. I tried this on my work computer, laptop and home system and get the same results on all. Looks like they forgot to put the 'flag' in to indicate that its installed.
  • DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    Yup, the latest update is doing exactly what the previous one did - not setting the "installed" flag properly after it was installed. I'll do just what I did last time...ignore it until it goes away.