Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion

Wolf VZ-C11

Hi Everyone
I just recievec a Wolfvision VZ-C11 doc cam and would like to know where to obtain the MAC address. The manual does not state(where I can see) how to obtain this info. The RS-232 protocol was one of the easiest
I have every seen to program.

Comments

• Joe HebertJoe Hebert Posts: 2,159
    Hi Thomas,

Do you know the IP of the doc cam? If you do, try pinging it and then check the ARP table of you NIC with arp -a. The MAC address should get cached there for a little while. Assuming the IP address of the doc cam is a.b.c.d, try the following two steps from a command prompt:

1) C:\> ping a.b.c.d
    The ping replies are printed to the screen

2) C:\> arp ?a
    The ARP table is printed to the screen cross referencing the IP address and the physical (MAC) address. Look for the IP of the doc cam and just to the right you?ll find its MAC address.

I tried this by pinging an MVP-8400 and the MAC address that showed up in the ARP table matched the MAC address in the setup pages of the MVP. I also tried pinging my NI-700 and then looked in my ARP table again and a MAC address showed up. But I don?t know how to verify it because I don?t know how to find the MAC of an NI other than arp.:)

I can?t guarantee that a ping and an arp ?a will work for your doc cam but it?s worth a shot.

Hope this helps.
  • Thomas HayesThomas Hayes Posts: 1,164
    Thanks Joe, I'll give that a try. I was really surprised the MAC address was not listed on the case somewhere like alot of other DOC CAM's
    That did it Joe. Many thanks. You would know anything about RGB spectrum DuelXL(?) eqipment, would you? :)
    Hi everyone.
    Here is the procedure to obtain the MAC address for Wolfvision. The info is directly from Wolfvisions head office.

Mac address for our product is
    00-0C-92-0 and the hexadecimal value of the serial number e.g.
    VZ-9 094154: Mac-Adress 00-0C-92-01-6F-CA
  • JillJill Posts: 44
    Salut Thomas
    I believe that you are correct that the information is not available in the manual. Just another bit of information for you about your Wolf. If you hold the menu button down for 2 seconds you get the main menu, if you continue hold it down than a second advanced menu will appear.
    :):)