Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Website/Forums
Options

InConcert Section of the WebSite

Is anyone else using the Netscape 7.2 browser and is running into problems accessing the InConcert portion of the AMX WebSite? There was apparently a change made to the website in the last 10 days or so wherein a reference to localhost.com was incorporated into the InConcert section gateway web pages and this fails under Netscape (works fine under IE). Access to all other portions of the AMX site are fine -- InConcert was accessible just fine until quite recently. I do have a restrictive cookie access policy but AMX cookies are allowed by the browser so that is not the problem.

I know, I know, I know, use IE instead of Netscape - however I was looking for more information or others that might have observed the same problem.

Thanks --

Reese

Comments

• Options
    JoeJoe Posts: 99
    I've been using Netscape ever since I got a computer (somewhere in '95). I avoid Internet Explorer at all costs. I have not had any issues with the AMX InConcert section at all.
    Sorry.

Joe
  • Options
    frthomasfrthomas Posts: 176
    Regardless of the fact IE swallows it or not, "localhost.com" is plain wrong and should be corrected.
  • Options
    DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    Are you certain the localhost thing isn't being introduced by a third-party product? I have an adware blocker that works that way - it substitutes everything on it's blacklist with a localhost enry, very effectively squashing the reference.
  • Options

I put an HTTP sniffer on the wire when attempting to access the AMX InConcert section of the website. The http response from the initial web page access has an HREF directive built into it that clearly specifies http://localhost/ and this is what is causing Netscape to fail in this case.
  • Options
    I put an HTTP sniffer on the wire when attempting to access the AMX InConcert section of the website. The http response from the initial web page access has an HREF directive built into it that clearly specifies http://localhost/ and this is what is causing Netscape to fail in this case.
    Well, that pretty much resolves any question there :). Sounds like they have a bad script or variable setting on the server side. For the record, Firefox seems to handle it OK. This was not always the case though...tables used to be messed up, they would all overwrite each other.
  • Options
    Hey Reese

But wait - there's more. I found that AMX.com did different things between IE and Firefox. I have cookies for both so it finds me and logs me in right away, but they sent me to two different default pages. I had a rant the other day about why they don't just have a big button on the top level called "Products". 99% of others manufacturer's sites do and it's what you want 99% of the time. The "Product Finder" is more like a "Product hider" since you have to open up the tree to see "is it hiding in here?", ...drives me nuts.

I'm getting the Tech Note notification e-mails but the links haven't worked in them for months. Do they work for others?

OP
  • Options
    vincenvincen Posts: 526
    I'm getting the Tech Note notification e-mails but the links haven't worked in them for months. Do they work for others?

For me I use Safari (as I work on Macintosh) and I have activated Popup blocking function to prevent all publicity pages. I think it's what prevent to be able to open technote directly from link in emails received from AMX !

Vinc`?n
  • Options

Oliver,

I too get the Tech Note emails but like you, the links have not worked in some time. However, as Vincen pointed out, I also use popup blocker and this might explain that behavior. I have been tempted to try Netscape 8.x since it uses a Firefox engine and has the adaptive browsing technology that supposedly makes it more compatible with ASP scripting sites like AMX. This would probably solve my InConcert section problem.

Reese
  • Options
    I have no difficulty with any of this in Firefox, including the tech note links. I have whitelisted the AMX site in the popup blocker though.
  • Options
    Ditto. I believe the tech note links >didn't< work for me for a while until I enabled popups for www.amx.com. Haven't had any problems with the tech notes for a good long while now.

(As opposed to LONG_WHILE, which are never good) :)

- Chip