Home AMX User Forum AMX Technical Discussion
Options

Control Grafikeye through MUX?

Does anyone know if it's possible to control a Lutron Grafikeye directly through the Mux line? I know there is a GRX-RS232 and a GRX-PRG to interface RS-232 into the Mux line, but I'm wondering if you can get by without either of those devices for basic control with no feedback. In other words, can I just shoot IR or 232 commands directly into the MUX from an NI processor?

-- John

Comments

• Options
    I would guess that the Lutron MUX is similar to Axlink in that it is Lutron's own concoction partially or wholely based on RS485. If it's like Axlink, chances are that you won't be able to get a standard RS485 port to configure to the rate that it works at. Assuming you did, you'd then need to figure out Lutron's protocol - I don't believe they release it to the public...

- Chip
  • Options
    Thanks Chip. What you're saying makes sense. Maybe it's my limited understanding of a Multiplex (Mux) line, but I can't help but wonder what happens when a SeeTouch Controller with an IR receiver is connected to the MUX line. I'm wondering if its possible that the IR signal just gets transmitted down the line as is instead of getting translated to a proprietary signal then reinterpreted. The serial interface (GRX-RS232) I can see being necessary to translate the command signals or offer up bi-directional communications, but IR is a little simpler and already resides on the Grafikeye.

-- John