Home AMX User Forum AMX Resource Management Suite Software
Options

DGX Monitor?

Does AMX have a pre-written DGX monitor for RMS? Or is this yet another area where AMX dropped the ball on the DGX line?

Comments

• Options
    champchamp Posts: 261
    Here is a module I wrote that talks to a serial port on a DGX and gathers all of the commands.
    You need a spare serial port though.
    This relies on AMX not changing the format of commands and responses to a DGX serial port, so far they haven't done so.
    To compile it you'll need the RMS SDK on your PC, I can't post that or I'd get a big slap on the wrist.

The program reads the status of a DGX using a serial port connected to the serial port on the DGX, and reports the status to RMSE.

The current revision reports the following:
    - Power supply status
    - Number of input and output boards
    - type of input and output board
    - Link status of DXLink connections on boards
    - fan speed (main fan only)

Maintenance alerts are triggered for the following
    - unplugging an input or output board
    - unplugging a DXLink input or output
    - unplugging a power supply
    - threshold power supply

Things that aren't currently reported:
    - temperature
    - internal boards
    - internal fans
    - video connections other than DXLink (not reported so can't do anything about it)
  • Options
    mstocummstocum Posts: 120
    champ wrote: »
    Here is a module I wrote that talks to a serial port on a DGX and gathers all of the commands.
    You need a spare serial port though.
    This relies on AMX not changing the format of commands and responses to a DGX serial port, so far they haven't done so.
    To compile it you'll need the RMS SDK on your PC, I can't post that or I'd get a big slap on the wrist.

The program reads the status of a DGX using a serial port connected to the serial port on the DGX, and reports the status to RMSE.

The current revision reports the following:
    - Power supply status
    - Number of input and output boards
    - type of input and output board
    - Link status of DXLink connections on boards
    - fan speed (main fan only)

Maintenance alerts are triggered for the following
    - unplugging an input or output board
    - unplugging a DXLink input or output
    - unplugging a power supply
    - threshold power supply

Things that aren't currently reported:
    - temperature
    - internal boards
    - internal fans
    - video connections other than DXLink (not reported so can't do anything about it)

Yeah, this is my problem with the DGX line right now. Diagnostic commands need to be sent over the serial port, with "port 1 support coming soon". No status reporting on internal cards. No audio breakaway. Etc. Etc. It wouldn't be so bad if the DVX line wasn't so much better. I have 10 year old Extron gear that does more than the DGX switchers do.

ETA: Thanks for the code though! Very impressive, especially given the limitations of the hardware.
  • Options
    This posted DGX RMS monitor works with the DGX 100?
  • Options
    AntAnt Posts: 54

Any chance you have this module still?