Home AMX User Forum AMX Design Tools

TPDesign 5 Keeps crashing

TP Design keeps crashing on Windows 10. I've tried contacting Harman support on this but have never gotten a response.

Just wondering if anyone else has had this issue and knows of any possible workarounds or fixes.

TPDesign 1.5.111 support files 1.5.61
Windows 10 version 1607 (OS build 1493.2906)

Faulting application name: TPDesign5.exe, version: 1.5.0.111, time stamp: 0x5b91dd2b
Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 10.0.14393.2608, time stamp: 0x5bd1345f
Exception code: 0xc0000374
Fault offset: 0x000d9741
Faulting process id: 0x8a34
Faulting application start time: 0x01d5c26f97cf3b48
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\AMX Control Disc\TPDesign5\TPDesign5.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
Report Id: e6da8311-fa61-43d6-91bd-d8056f6982ac
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Comments

• richardhermanrichardherman Posts: 387
    edited January 2020

Does happen to me too. It's infrequent but sometimes it keeps crashing when I open a certain page, while at other times nothing happens when I open that page. Could be related to the order the pages are opened, and/or wether more than 1 panel is open. I cannot find anything that's repeatable that causes TP5 to crash. Yesterday i worked on it for maybe 2 hours, crashed 3 times. The 2 days before that it was almost constantly in use and crashed 'only' once. So I kinda gave up chasing this down. I now always press save after every change to the panel design :/

EDIT - forgot: Never used TP5 on anything else than Windows10, so can't say if it is related to that. Is has crashed on many Windows10 versions, though.

• I've had the same issue with TPD4 in a specific touchpanel file. I had one popup that I'd open and it would crash TPD4. But if I opened another popup page before it, it wouldn't crash. I kept forgetting though. I ended up just showing the popup on a regular page and working on it that way. I can't remember if I tried duplicating the popup.

Are you doing the same thing when it crashes? Or doing similar actions? Or does it just randomly crash?

• John NagyJohn Nagy Posts: 1,734

I found TPD4 to do that repeatedly with the same file, and not with another. I seemingly fixed it by running through the verify and other options to remove extra fonts, etc, without opening any pages. Saved incrementally, and one of the saves was fine again. Not much experience with TPD5 here.

• I have an issue with TPDesign4 and TPDesign5 both crashing...I'm wondering if it has to do with my 4K monitors? I'm not sure why, but the dang applications will crash so often that it makes me want to work on the "other guys" stuff more.

• Me too with TPD4, did anybody find a solution?