Home AMX User Forum AMX Technical Discussion

Cannot Tranfer IRL file

I've just coded a Touch Panel for a Matrix Switcher (DVX-2250). Touch Panel and buttons work fine. But to work on the IR side of things, I cannot transfer my IRL file from within NetLinx Studio. Code and GUI all download and are functional, apart from IR functions.

File Transfer status says:

**"Send Failed 0 of 5901 198.18.0.1::1319 5002:12:0 myirfile.irl C:\Users\test\Documents\Panels\ Transfer Aborted: Not enough memory available on device to hold file.

Memory required: 1473 Memory Available: 0 Sunday, July 05, 2020 21:24:14 "**

There's enough memory on the device when I telnetted and checked SHOW MEM. Also, I tried transferring the file to 5001:12:0 even though it's illogical, and that was successful.

There's only the Touch Panel, and the Switcher in the mix.

My Device Tree:
00000 - DVX-2250HD-SP Master
05001 - DVX-2250HD-SP Controller
05002- DVX-2250HD-SP Switcher
10001- MT-&02 TP
32001 - Dynamic/Virtual Device

Any directions to resolve this IRL file transfer issue is much appreciated.

Best Answers

• kiloohmskiloohms Posts: 6
    edited July 2020 Answer ✓

Thanks again. During the day I tested and found out that I had to use 5001 even to control relays. So it is the controller that has all the serial ports, IO ports, etc apart from video inputs, outputs, that the switcher owns. It was a bit tricky as I had not worked on a controller before.

Answers

Thank you for taking time to answer my question. Since the switcher address is 5002 and that is what i use to control switching, thought i should use 5002 to control any other channel or ports on switcher too. I am using 2nd IR port for testing hence 12. Hmm...how do I know when to use controller device please.
  • @kiloohms said:
    Thank you for taking time to answer my question. Since the switcher address is 5002 and that is what i use to control switching, thought i should use 5002 to control any other channel or ports on switcher too. I am using 2nd IR port for testing hence 12. Hmm...how do I know when to use controller device please.

You will find the whole of both Programmer 1 and Programmer 2 available online in the training site - all your questions will be answered.

@HARMAN_icraigie said:

@kiloohms said:

You will find the whole of both Programmer 1 and Programmer 2 available online in the training site - all your questions will be answered.

Hi icraigie

Thanks for your response. The training videos are wonderful. I had gone through all of Netlinx 1 videos, but could not find one which explains an Integrated Box, as to which ports/channels are accessible on which device addresses. However I did see under IR videos, trainer using address 5001 to address an IR port on a DVX (which is an integrated box).

• John NagyJohn Nagy Posts: 1,734
    edited July 2020

I suggest you check the documentation for these devices as they explain the ports and addressing quite specifically.

edited July 2020

Hi John

I could not find this info on DVX2250 Instruction manual. It only lists port/channel addresses, but not about the device address relating to each port/channel. But, now that I'm aware of this, below info is the closest to inform that some ports are addressable via 5001.

Device-Addresses-on-DVX2250

Thanks

• Take a look at the back of the master controller - all the port numbers are printed on the back.
    On the NX-series the port numbers are the same regardless of the hardware (ie, IR #1 is always port #11, relays are always port 21, etc)

With regards to the device numbers - it's in the Language Reference Guide (page 22) and covered in the P1 video series (DPS Device Number in the Coding Basics section)

Hi Ian

It's all good. I've learnt device addressing aspect for integrated boxes well I think. It was just my inexperience which led me to believe one box has one address. Which is not the case when it's an integrated box. My next hurdle is IRL, which I may not need to tackle any sooner.

Thanks everyone for all the responses.