Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion

RIP Eric Medley

It is with a sad heart that I learned yesterday of the unexpected passing of Eric Medley. Anyone that had the opportunity to work with Eric will surely tell you of the amazing wealth of kindness, generosity, and wisdom he carried with him. I am waiting for more information, but I figured I would let the community know.

In case you didn't know, Eric was also a very accomplished audio engineer and musician. He developed his own label that has supported many musicians over the years called Tremulant Records. He also recorded my favorite version of O Holy Night: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEDVFn57ENs

Among his many talents, I will never forget his amazing ability to hear and identify specific frequencies. I know I will also be reminded of his knowledge and experience as I search this forum in the future.

Jeff

Comments

• banobano Posts: 173

RIP Eric. Always appreciated your contributions to this forum.

• KielLKielL Posts: 29

Such sad news. I wasn't fortunate enough to work with Eric directly, but his posts here throughout the years have helped me immensely. He'll be sorely missed.

• John NagyJohn Nagy Posts: 1,734

I did work with Eric, and his knowledge, talent and humor brightened many a dark day. Thank you, Eric.

• This is definitely sad to hear. Always appreciated his contributions to the forum, and I didn't know about his other talents so thanks for showing us that video. Condolences to his loved ones.

• Sad news.
    He will be missed.

I for one am going to miss dragging him kicking and screaming into the future...

• Sad. I've been here for 15 years and he was already active when I joined. Always had good advice, with a positive attitude. He'll be missed.

• viningvining Posts: 4,368

God speed Eric, you will be missed!

• viningvining Posts: 4,368
    edited September 2020
  • jjamesjjames Posts: 2,908

Truly saddened to hear this. :(

• feddxfeddx Posts: 167

OH MY!! I am just finding this out now!! Holy crap! This is such sad news. I worked with him on a couple of projects and we talked back and forth here and via other means. He was such a good guy and an integral part of my journey. When we met we hit it off immediately and shared a lot of the same background notes.

I feel so much for his family and loved ones. He truly was a remarkable soul, and he will be greatly missed.

• trobertstroberts Posts: 228

So sad. He was a great contributor.