Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion

Tech Notes are missing

I was on the new AMX site looking for a Tech Note and couldn't figure out how to find them. Tech support told me that they aren't available yet. This is one of those little annoying things that drive people away. Even a link to the old notes would be better than nothing.

Comments

• I certainly understand how frustrating this can be, but may be able to help. Is there a particular note you are looking for? We may be able to still get you the info even if it is not on a public facing site currently.

• Hey Chris -

Timeline for technotes and other similar documents to come back online?

Thanks

• I do not have a timeline for this. In speaking with the stakeholders, there are multiple ideas being circulated. Technical support is the owner of the content and will need to work with the web team to achieve a public facing solution. My suggestion is to lean on TechSupport and their leadership to elevate the need of the community.

People within the organization who are not Netlinx programmers likely undervalue this resource and see it as old/dated material that would have questionable value in our updated website world. However, most within the programmer community look there first to solve problems for quirky items within our ecosystem because historically these have been the way of formally sharing tribal knowledge.

• Understood.

If even a temporary solution, other mfgs have just generic ftps that work with user accouts. IE my AMX.com password could also allow me access to a tech ftp.

• There isn't a particular Tech Note I'm looking for at this time. It's just a resource I like to browse when I have a question. I appreciate the reply.

• Please get them online somewhere asap :(

• Taking them off makes zero sense. Just put them up somewhere or release to public domain or something.

• 407, 937 also, and anything concerning IP_SERVER_ commands.

• 919, 407 and 937 posted in requesting threads

• KenKen Posts: 19

I agree with bwestlake. I don't need a particular Tech Note right now but in the last couple months I've sought them out and was disappointed when they were no longer available.

As a new AMX programmer I wouldn't even know which tech note to request unless one is directly referenced in a guide or forum post. Having them as a resource to browser would be very helpful.

• RaphayoRaphayo Posts: 111

March 2019, searching for tech note and page still unavailable.

• quirkquirk Posts: 28

We are currently in the process of pruning non-applicable tech notes and adding new content -- as well as finding a way to make them easy to access for you and easy to manage for us through our new ticket/customer management system.

Until then, you will have to request a tech note through e-mail or by calling in. We apologize for the delay, but we are working on it.

• in Technotes there was a document in which it was indicated which ZigBee frequency to choose in order to not get interference from Wi-Fi.

Can you tell me which frequency I need to choose?

• logantvlogantv Posts: 31

Is there an ETA on the tech notes yet?

• HARMAN_ChrisHARMAN_Chris Posts: 597

Actually, fairly soon. Tech support is about to launch a new knowledge base site that will (eventually) contain all of the relevant Tech Notes. A support agent is actively tasked with combing through all of the tech notes to determine current relevance.

• markshinemarkshine Posts: 1
    edited November 2020

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/4b5cugk4pjuo5a6/AADAvYs65DGiszG7Fn8oZ8mRa?dl=0

I've downloaded white papers I can get.
    you can find 919 and 937 in this folder :D

• https://help.harmanpro.com/

Don't know if everything has been ported over from the old site yet

• feddxfeddx Posts: 167

I've been to the site above, any idea where all the old "Tech Notes" are located? Just leave them up for our resource purposes and make them easily accessible please!

• You can access the technotes at:

https://trade.amx.com/legacy/techsupport/

• Also make note that all new technotes and some legacy have ported into the new support site -
    help.harmanpro.com