Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion

I need AxcessX.exe software to be able to communicate my Axcent3 Panja Controller with my lap top.

How and where do go about it

Answers

• HARMAN_ChrisHARMAN_Chris Posts: 598
    edited December 2020

Do you have an amx.com login? If so, have you looked through the options here to see if what you are looking for is posted online -
    https://trade.amx.com/legacy/techcenter/archivedApplications.asp

• USAUSA Posts: 6

Thanks, Chris for your help. Yes, I do have access to amx.com. I went through the options therein above link that you provided. I have Axcent3 Panja Controller and windows 10 laptop. Need further help from you to understand which one/s of following would be a better suitable in establishing a communication interface between the two.
    1) Central Controller AXB-VTI6 disks 1-4
    2) Installation Tools AMX DCS AMX Device Configuration Software Release
    3) Collaboration System Acendo Vibe Configuration Tool for Windows 7,8 and 10

Could you please let me know when get a chance? Thanks.

Chris, Correction to above. I have access to this forum but I am not set up at AMX.com. I have Accent 3 Panja Controller for my home theater that needs to be reset through my windows 10 laptop. As I understand I would need Panja/AMX interface software for it. The company who had set up my home theater system is out of business. Could you please let met me know as to how to work this out?.

• John NagyJohn Nagy Posts: 1,734

USA, your Axcent3 is 25 years old now, and the software for it was written for Windows 95. Even if you get the AMX (PANJA at that time) software, prepare for some difficulties using it on WIN10.

Thanks John for your response. I would like to try it provided some one can provide me that interface software to establish communication between the two. Any ideas who or where from to get it?

I can pay as appropriate and reasonable for providing this or any such interface software to be able to establish communication between my Axcent 3 Panja (AMX) Controller and my windows 10 laptop. I have some other laptop also with window 7 and 8 if that is helpful but would prefer windows 10

• Panja Studio became Netlinx Studio. Anything in the version 3 range would still include the Axlink compiler needed for your processor. It was not common to send code to those devices, so your mileage may vary if you do not already have the source code. The processor had a very small amount of onboard non-volatile memory to store it.

My suggestion would be to contact a member of AMX VIP - a collective of independent programmers who would likely be able to assist you.

https://www.amx.com/en-US/vips

My suggestion would be to start with either Reynoldson Controls or Serial Automation - those guys were coding this box when it came out. I know there are others, but these come to mind immediately.

Chris, thanks a lot for your detailed response and caring professionalism. I greatly appreciate that. I will contact those as per your recommendation and take it from there depending upon the bottom line whether to continue with my current home theater system or to replace it altogether. I liked the panja/amx product which is why trying to make an informed decision on it.