Home AMX User Forum AMX Control Products

G5 Panels Computer Control

Am I just learning that you can no longer open a VNC page from one panel to another to control that TP? Is "Computer- Control" no longer an option in G5 Panels?

What was the reason for deprecating this?

Comments

• HARMAN_RobHARMAN_Rob Posts: 230
    edited March 2021

There is a VNC Client app built into G5 touch panels. In this quick screenshot, my 19" panel is VNC'd to a 10" panel. Is that what you're looking for?

And to add one extra layer, I am VNC'd to the 19" panel from my PC to get the screenshot below:

• feddxfeddx Posts: 167

THAT is what I am looking for Rob.

Can I open a "window" in my TP5 MT-2002 file and connect to another panel on the site? That would be the simplest way to do this.

edited March 2021

Yup, it's created by using the VNC Client app available on G5 panels. A couple things need to happen:

Set your panel's VNC settings up to allow connections. Instructions are available in the G5 Programming & Configuration Guide on AMX.com:
    https://www.amx.com/en-US/site_elements/configuration-programming-manual-modero-g5-touch-panels

Create a VNC Client app window in TPDesign5. Instructions are available in the TPDesign5 Instruction Manual: https://www.amx.com/en-US/site_elements/instruction-manual-tpdesign5

The VNC Client app can be used for touch panels like shown above, or for PCs if they're running a VNC server.

• feddxfeddx Posts: 167

@HARMAN_Rob said:
    There is a VNC Client app built into G5 touch panels. In this quick screenshot, my 19" panel is VNC'd to a 10" panel. Is that what you're looking for?

Thanks Rob. I am just working out the commands now.

Good luck! If you need help with any specific commands/parameters just let us know.

• How do we do this on Varia panels?

• ThiserThiser Posts: 3

@ptiJon said:
    How do we do this on Varia panels?

That would interest me too...

• ThiserThiser Posts: 3

@Thiser said:

@ptiJon said:
    How do we do this on Varia panels?

That would interest me too...

I have found the setting in the setup (enable VNC).