Home AMX User Forum NetLinx Modules & Duet Modules
Options

Netlinx Studio Programming

Hi Guys I am new to AMX (done the online courses) and I have a few questions about a few things.
1. How do you read the feedback of a duet module? For example in the system I am currently programming we have lutron homeworks QS system, an Epson projector and some Repeater screens ilyama and clevertouch. I wanna know when the projector is on or which scene is selected on a lutron keypad, so how do we get these type of feedbacks?
2. For the clevertouch screen we dont have a duet module and we need to communicate via IP but I don't really understand how to do it and it keeps saying socket has failed to connect or something.
Any advice on best practices for this are very much appreciated.
Thank you all in advance

Answers

• Options

The power of the Duet device can be gotten from channel 255

channel_event[vdvDevice, POWER_ON] // SNAPI 255
    {
      on:
      {
        [dvTP,POWER] = [vdvDevice, POWER_ON];
      }
      off:
      {
      }
    }

timeline_event[TL_TP_FEEDBACK]
    {
    }

Lighting scene will be returned from the virtual device command API and cached in some manner to later update the touch panel.. Review the u module code LutronHomeWorksQS KeypadSystemComponent.axs in the example project (line 294-ish)

//---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    //
    // EVENT TYPE:       DATA_EVENT for vdvDev
    //                   KeypadSystemComponent: data event 
    //
    // PURPOSE:          This data event is used to listen for SNAPI component
    //                   commands and track feedback for the KeypadSystemComponent.
    //
    // LOCAL VARIABLES:  cHeader     :  SNAPI command header
    //                   cParameter  :  SNAPI command parameter
    //                   nParameter  :  SNAPI command parameter value
    //                   cCmd        :  received SNAPI command
    //
    //---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IP control is covered over several lessons in Programmer 2 which can be accessed on the training site.